Getting a divorce

jsquared_25

Established Member
Premium Member
Well fellas, I don’t post a whole lot on here but I know some of you have been through the same situation. A little while back, I caught my wife having an affair. To say when finding that out was a swift kick in the dick would be an understatement. I had a feeling that it was going on for a while, but never had any hard evidence. Well one day she finally admitted it and the feeling I got was pretty devastating to say the least. I really don’t know how anyone could do that to anyone, but I guess I am wired differently. Anyway, we split up and filed for a divorced. So once we did all that, she came to me and asked if I would do counseling and I agreed. Well, after a few sessions I realized she will never change and I could never get passed all that she has done. It sucks, but what the hell can you do. Just wanted to vent a little bit because not any one of my friends have gone though this, so I have no one that can relate to my issues.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry to hear OP. That really sucks.

I was never married, only engaged once, so I can't relate to that. But, my last girlfriend I was kinda crazy about and my gut told me she was cheating. Sure enough, she was. That sucked and I was pissed and broke up with her on the spot.

Do what's right for you brother. I personally would never trust a cheater, after it has happened once. Good luck!

jsquared_25

Established Member
Premium Member
Man, I’m sorry to hear this. Happens all too often these days and I wish you and yours the very best.

Any kids or just you and the cheater?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

It really does happen way too often these days. Fortunately no kids were involved, just my dog.

jsquared_25

Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry to hear OP. That really sucks.

I was never married, only engaged once, so I can't relate to that. But, my last girlfriend I was kinda crazy about and my gut told me she was cheating. Sure enough, she was. That sucked and I was pissed and broke up with her on the spot.

Do what's right for you brother. I personally would never trust a cheater, after it has happened once. Good luck!

Nope, the trust would never be there. Especially working shift work, nights are a killer with trust issues. Not worth it.

Reaper14

Established Member
I know the feeling! Best medicine for this is to get laid. I know it wont cure it all, but sure will make you feel better. I came home to my ex with my "buddy" over 10 years ago. Had a bad feeling something was going on. One night I faked a home emergency. Came home at 2 am to her holding the door while he ran out the back door. Im glad it happened, I have full custody of my son, her life went down the crapper, & mine only got better. Cheer up, it will all pass & it will all be in your rear view mirror in no time. Good luck!

Vic

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I will not tell you that your relationship cannot be repaired. I know of many that have gone through what you are, and they made it past the hurdles and somehow out the other side.

I'm not telling you that this is best for you. I'm telling you there is hope (maybe just a sliver) if you want to keep the marriage in tact. As it stands, you have every right to proceed with a divorce, and not one person is going to blame you for that decision.

The advice I will leave you with is to keep friends and supportive family around. You are hurt now, and you are going to hurt later. You will mourn the in the same way you would if you lost a loved one.

Know that you and your family are in my prayers.

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I know the feeling! Best medicine for this is to get laid. I know it wont cure it all, but sure will make you feel better. I came home to my ex with my "buddy" over 10 years ago. Had a bad feeling something was going on. One night I faked a home emergency. Came home at 2 am to her holding the door while he ran out the back door. Im glad it happened, I have full custody of my son, her life went down the crapper, & mine only got better. Cheer up, it will all pass & it will all be in your rear view mirror in no time. Good luck!

Vic
Wrong, last thing you want to do.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Best of luck to you op. Never been married but have been engaged to a similar situation. As for me we tried to work it out but really i could never get over it so it wasnt gonna work.

jsquared_25

Established Member
Premium Member

Vic
I like your advice, a lot.

Sounds exactly like what happened to me, "counseling" sessions and all. Did your wife blame you for having an affair, too, OP? lol
You know she did. That’s the way it always goes. It was always my fault.

I will not tell you that your relationship cannot be repaired. I know of many that have gone through what you are, and they made it past the hurdles and somehow out the other side.

I'm not telling you that this is best for you. I'm telling you there is hope (maybe just a sliver) if you want to keep the marriage in tact. As it stands, you have every right to proceed with a divorce, and not one person is going to blame you for that decision.

The advice I will leave you with is to keep friends and supportive family around. You are hurt now, and you are going to hurt later. You will mourn the in the same way you would if you lost a loved one.

Know that you and your family are in my prayers.

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app
To be honest, I have tried more than most would have.... I have done so much to try and salvage it that I am ashamed to even say. Hell, it got to the point where I felt like I was the one who did wrong. That is when I knew it was time to cut bait.

Wrong, last thing you want to do.
You think?

Best of luck to you op. Never been married but have been engaged to a similar situation. As for me we tried to work it out but really i could never get over it so it wasnt gonna work.
It’s definitely not worth it. There are way more options out there.

Get yourself checked.
10-4, not a bad idea

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
First off sorry, I know it hurts. Second, kiss the ground and thank Jesus there is no kids involved. Third, find yourself a hole to stick. Fourth forget the whore and move on. Be grateful you found out now. Good luck in the future.

OX1

Established Member
I'd "take her back" long enough to get your financials in the best order you can, exclusively for your benefit.
But I'm in Jersey, so not sure if you get screwed as bad down there, as up here.

Users who are viewing this thread