Get 21 now or order 22?

94CobraPace

Established Member
Ready to pull the trigger on Shelby GT500. Do I get a 21 or order a 22? If ordering a 22 now, when would the car get delivered? Any ideas? I have a 21 that is in transit I could get optioned the way I want, will have cooled seats (Texas heat ) with color in top 3 of my choices. Living in Texas, car could be driven now, just don't want to wait for 6 months for the 22, March/April deliver would be acceptable. When are the 22 Shelby's starting to get built? Would the 22 be more sought after in 10-15 years over the 21 or the same? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
There's no guarantee there will be ANY Shelby model for '23. In 2015 there were an extremely small amount of GT350/Rs made and only for the 50th Anniversary of the 65. The 2007 was the 3rd MY into the S197 chassis. The 350s/500s have come 1-2 model years into the run at the EARLIEST. There was a 5-year gap with no GT500 at all from 15-19.

If you hold your breath for a '23 prepare to be disappointed. Ford has to finalize the production chassis first THEN the gearheads at FP and their racecar drivers get ahold of said chassis and figure out how to perfect it, and that sure the hell ain't gonna be a launch...

Snoopy49

Established Member
Title is incorrect, should be Get 21 now or order 22, cannot edit title. No 23 Shelbys.
Ready to pull the trigger on Shelby GT500. Do I get a 21 or order a 22? If ordering a 22 now, when would the car get delivered? Any ideas? I have a 21 that is in transit I could get optioned the way I want, will have cooled seats (Texas heat ) with color in top 3 of my choices. Living in Texas, car could be driven now, just don't want to wait for 6 months for the 22, March/April deliver would be acceptable. When are the 22 Shelby's starting to get built? Would the 22 be more sought after in 10-15 years over the 21 or the same? Thanks

You can't change the 21. I would go with the 22 custom built with the options you want.

The 22 base model should start production in February, followed by the CFTP in March.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
'22s are not going to a guarantee delivery wise IMO based on the current supply and production issues. And you might have to pay an ADM on a '22. If it was me, and the '21 was optioned the way I'd want it along with a color I was happy with, I'd go for the '21 rather than wait and take a chance.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
If you’d be happy with the ‘21 you can get now take it. If there’s a part of regret on something the ‘21 doesn’t have that you really want, then wait on the ‘22 (unless it’s a small change or easy addition).
‘22 is also slightly more expensive cost wise.
What’s the specs on the ‘21?
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Nope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@13COBRA can clarify but as far as I know the dealers that are in the program will have a confirmed allocation. They can submit the orders as the ordering system is up but they won’t be ‘confirmed’ until Ford is ready. I believe that’s this month and no 500 or Mach1 HPs until at least 3/1 due to tires?
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
My local dealer did show my mine was the first ‘22 in his system and he said they’re ‘owed’ an extra ‘22 allocation from a cancelled ‘21 order.
It’s Ford so who knows right?
-J

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
My local dealer did show my mine was the first ‘22 in his system and he said they’re ‘owed’ an extra ‘22 allocation from a cancelled ‘21 order.
It’s Ford so who knows right?
-J
They still willing to sell that extra at msrp?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I can ask but it seems like MSRP for local previous customers. He said out of market $10k but I’ll ask when we talk next.
-J
Thanks let me know. Im definitely interested in a 2022 gt500 build.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
I am looking now and found one with the options I wanted. Using myy CU auto advisor service. putting a deal together, I am @ 8k over.

Carbon Grey
Painted Black over stripes
Painted Black Roof
Expose Carbon package
Handle Package
Tech Package
Non Recardo seats
Car cover.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Ford Authority is saying the S650 is going to push to 2024MY debut. So your original title ends up being correct after all. I'm hoping that Ford can confirm soon whether there will be a 2023 S550 GT500, I'm assuming there will be if this is true.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Ford Authority is saying the S650 is going to push to 2024MY debut. So your original title ends up being correct after all. I'm hoping that Ford can confirm soon whether there will be a 2023 S550 GT500, I'm assuming there will be if this is true.
I’d like to hear what Nick has to say but I’d actually think they’d have a short 23MY run and start the 24MY S650 sooner for the hype. Usually that would mean big changes at the plant and limited S550 cars but you’re right, if they continue with ‘23 S550s there’s a chance the 500 is continued another year. We will see right?
-J

Users who are viewing this thread