GenV 3.0 on the way…tips?

MG0h3

Established Member
Just ordered a GenV.

Coming from a Gen2 2.9.

Plugs are Br7Ef I think at .028.

Good on the plug and should I close the gap for 22/23 psi?

I have a Fore fuel system setup deadhead feeding stock rails. I believe Malcolm said the stock rails are good to @800wheel but since the blower is off I may as well do them.

Any certain Fore rails or tips? Will I have to clearance anything? Have ID1300s on the way.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

MG0h3

Established Member
Gonna be a few weeks so I should see some answers on those that have done it.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I'd keep the plugs where they're at and watch for spark blow out.

Your best bet is going to be talking to Fore on the rails. They're really helpful.

MG0h3

Established Member
I'd keep the plugs where they're at and watch for spark blow out.

Your best bet is going to be talking to Fore on the rails. They're really helpful.

Ordered from Malcolm back when I did the whole system so maybe I’ll just check with him.

Wanted to do studs and cams but Todd Warren advised against it since I don’t want to pull the engine.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Ordered from Malcolm back when I did the whole system so maybe I’ll just check with him.

Wanted to do studs and cams but Todd Warren advised against it since I don’t want to pull the engine.

If you were planning on going that far you'd probably end up freshening up the bottom end anyways.

MG0h3

Established Member
If you were planning on going that far you'd probably end up freshening up the bottom end anyways.

Ya at first I thought maybe I should do headstuds since I’m throwing a set of powder coated Vc on. Quite a few have successfully done it in the car, one at a time.

Then I considered doing cams if doing so without degreeing them would net gains. While talking with Todd I remembered that pulling the front of these engines off to get the timing cover off is a bit (A LOT) more involved than 99% of the timing belt jobs I’ve done.

So yes, going to pass on that stuff until I do the whole engine.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member

That's who I got mine from. I'm running the Fore rails and I believe they can clear the crusher intake. Even though they're close on my standard inlet. But I don't know how different the gen 5 is.

Users who are viewing this thread