General Motors Strike

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Oh I had to sit through training about how Unions were bad and that Wal-Mart was not going to play that shit. They fired a tons of people for “other reasons”, but we knew what the deal was. My store had rumors start and they were promptly squashed. I got asked if I was interested and said “nope” and went on with my day. Later that week was when heads rolled.

When I interviewed 2 days ago the manager told me they did away with overnight stocking and everything is done in the day time now.
A youtuber Camelot331 makes videos exposing retail companies. Primarily GameStop but, he also does Walmart and he said that if you so much as said the word union in Walmart you would be fired.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
A youtuber Camelot331 makes videos exposing retail companies. Primarily GameStop but, he also does Walmart and he said that if you so much as said the word union in Walmart you would be fired.

Bro I worked there and saw people get fired for talking about Unions. We had a full blown meeting and training on why Unions are Bad. Srsly

shurur

Established Member
Overpaid executives and management makes bad decisions and the "lazy union workers" get the blame. Too many chiefs cashing in without performance.

not sure what the whole unions are bad shit is coming from. In this crony (non meritocractic) "capitalism" we have now, they are the only way to get good work when you don't know someone and are not an insider.

And what some people see as promoting themselves, others may see as sucking up to the boss. It is all perspective. If a manager can't see or doesn't know what you are doing, then he is a bad manager. And If pay only goes to the guy who pushes for it, it isn't necessarily deserved. A beta may be smarter and more capable, but not as good at "advocating" for themselves for more pay. This is what unions do for highly capable people.

I look forward to when more "Knowlwdge Workers" begin to unionize. As it is now, LEAN MFG treats us as dogs..acknowledgement, recognition, training and a few parties for us....because we supposedly are not motivated by money like the managers and executives are..

The workers do the actual work; that's why they are called workers.

Yes let the thing collapse and get the first money out of the executives hides. We don't shame them enough in this country and we should. Forbes should have a list of worse performing executives and it should be an entire magazine with articles.

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I’m wondering how long this will go supposedly they have an 80 day supply of vehicles. Where I work we’re a tier 2 supplier to GM. We’ve slowed down but are steady with other products for Chrysler, Toyota, and Ford as well as aftermarket. I’m sure we will be busy as all get out when they start back to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you don't mind answering, what does your company make?
Beat me to it.
Thanks for the answer Patrick.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Overpaid executives and management makes bad decisions and the "lazy union workers" get the blame. Too many chiefs cashing in without performance.

not sure what the whole unions are bad shit is coming from. In this crony (non meritocractic) "capitalism" we have now, they are the only way to get good work when you don't know someone and are not an insider.

And what some people see as promoting themselves, others may see as sucking up to the boss. It is all perspective. If a manager can't see or doesn't know what you are doing, then he is a bad manager. And If pay only goes to the guy who pushes for it, it isn't necessarily deserved. A beta may be smarter and more capable, but not as good at "advocating" for themselves for more pay. This is what unions do for highly capable people.

I look forward to when more "Knowlwdge Workers" begin to unionize. As it is now, LEAN MFG treats us as dogs..acknowledgement, recognition, training and a few parties for us....because we supposedly are not motivated by money like the managers and executives are..

The workers do the actual work; that's why they are called workers.

Yes let the thing collapse and get the first money out of the executives hides. We don't shame them enough in this country and we should. Forbes should have a list of worse performing executives and it should be an entire magazine with articles.

Like all union people are saints. Unions mostly protect lazy people. Then the big wig union people take for themselves. Now a days they aren’t needed. Raise, if you need a raise prove your work. If I had to guess you’re probably one who thinks fast food workers should get $15.00 an hour too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ViciousJay

Established Member
The real question behind strikes and bailouts should be quality, costs, selling points as well radical cost on cars. One thing the world doesn't understand is the US has a 60 mile round trip commute vs taking public transportation, second is were not squashed into meat department of a city like tokyo, we as consumers need to start fighting back on the cost of cars, also the growing wages has taken a hit and someone in IT field has felt it. I quit my job 5 months ago an have recently been on 20+ interviews and with my credentials and experience are basically looking at taking a 20K hit in pay, it's a joke now of days.

Users who are viewing this thread