Gen3R

slow98cobra

Established Member
Hey guys,

I’m getting ready to pull the trigger on one of your superchargers for my ‘11 Roush. I was leaning towards the gen2r kit but then found the gen3r for a good price.

I have stock internals and want to keep the tune and power level as safe as possible especially since we have 91 octane here. I show that you can turn down the gen3r to approximately 650 rwhp so my question. Is their a way to turn it down a little more to say 600 rwhp or is that what you would expect to be anyways on 91 octane? Am I overthinking this and should just man up and buy the 3r vs the 2r?

Thanks,
Preston

basspro302

Established Member
Gen2r or gen3 will work either way they will pull the timing for 91 and you can pulley down. I think the gen 3r will probably make more power on 91.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Do you plan on building the engine in the future? If so then i'd go with the gen 3. If not the roush 2.3 blower will get the job done.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Do you plan on building the engine in the future? If so then i'd go with the gen 3. If not the roush 2.3 blower will get the job done.
This.
If you’ll be happy with 700hp and/or never plan on building the motor, the 2R makes that power easily and will be more responsive/torquey.
The bigger blower will make the same power at less boost/blower rpm, but that may not feel as good.
Goes back to your honest goals and if you’ll keep/build the motor.
VMP blowers have worked well for me!
-J

Users who are viewing this thread