Gen2 coyote vs grand sport

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
My car 15 6r80 with gen3r kit mods in sig, his car 11 grand sport ls7 swapped stroker motor. H/c/I said made 630 on old cam setup now has more aggressive cam with open exhaust. Hasn't been back on the dyno with the new cam though. Sounds sick at idle and a sneaky sleeper. Been wanting to run this car for a while.

40 roll and were off each with a passenger I pull half a car on the hit. 3rd gear I pull another 2 cars. Get into 4th and start walking away. Seemed like at least 3 cars before he let out of it. Asked him if he wanted another run and declined. Said his shifts were smooth and let out of it before 4th as I was to far ahead. Clean run just glad I got a chance to open the old girl up.

MG0h3

Established Member
That’s surprising. We usually need 100whp to beat C6Z. Not sure if the non Z is heavier or by how much

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
That’s surprising. We usually need 100whp to beat C6Z. Not sure if the non Z is heavier or by how much

I ran a lot of them in my old gt500 and it was closer to 80whp to pull on one. However this car is a hair lighter and a 6r80 so wouldn't take as much. My cars last dyno was around 740/560.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

I think it is 150-200 lbs. GS do not have carbon front fenders. I do not believe they have aluminum/balsa frame & parts either.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
He would have needed a lot more then 200 pounds off that car to run with me. By 100mph I was pulling hard, this blower screams at above 7k. From previous experience I don't think any N/A C6z car could pull me.

Users who are viewing this thread