Gen1 in the Junk yard

JeffH

Established Member
UPDATE: It is a clunker, the guy said that he can sell everything but the block. GT-40 Heads, intake etc all good to sell. He said the seats were nearly perfect. He CANNOT sell the truck whole. Maybe you could buy everything but the block and VIN swap it for a real POS??
He also has a couple of GT convertibles and one hard top that are clunkers....One of them has an aftermarket alum radiator.

Joes Auto Parts in Carrollton VA:

22251 Brewers Neck Blvd
Carrollton, VA 23314
757-238-2240

they have a complete and looks to be unwrecked Gen1 sitting out front. I have no idea why its there, clunker? flood? theft? no idea. It still has the original wheels and the outside looks to be stock. At first glance, it looks like a run down gen1 that could be easily brought back to life.
I saw this last night, and I will be out of town this weekend, otherwise I would go take a look and make a better report.

Jeff

Last edited:

scootro

Established Member
the junk yard's do love this cash for clunkers crap!!!!! their making some money

hey take what you can get!!! gen 1 parts do sell pretty good especially the tube bumper and center seat console

68 lightning

Established Member
I called and the intakes are gone allready

Hey I have been dreaming about 1st gen lightning runing gear in my 68 ranchero.Hope that doesn.t step on anybodys toes here. the intakes were gone allready and that would be the best part because of hood clearance issues,I would imagine.But I wanted the whole truck and they can have there block but no go.They want,d a parts list and it was adding up fast and no way would I wind up with everythig I needed anyway.So now I.m lurking and waiting in the shadows waiting for a doner. Maybe I can come across something rusted and abused and take it home and enjoy it a little before the transplant. There is somthing in baltimore on craigslist with starting price of only 39k so I just got to be paitent.

Users who are viewing this thread