Gen II Install on bone stock 12 GT500

YukonRally

Established Member
Just got my 12 back from Justin Performance Center in Maryland. They put in the Gen II 800 HP kit, and an MGW shifter in my bone stock Shelby.

Temp was in the mid 80's when they did the dyno run, here's the sheet.

657 HP
670 TRQ

IMG_2151.gif

All in all, I'm very happy with it. The power is crazy compared to the Eaton and it hits you hard if you're not expecting it.

Couple gratuitous shots.

IMG_2150.gif

IMG_2147.gif

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Congrats ! Nice gains for sure. Any plans to put on LT's ?

YukonRally

Established Member
2.4 upper, stock lower

No plans for LT's, probably going to go with cooling mods next.

qnitro

Established Member
Ghost... why are you on this side(2010-12).. has there been any takers for the 2013's?? Im really curiuos to see what the 2013 does with this gen 2?

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Ghost... why are you on this side(2010-12).. has there been any takers for the 2013's?? Im really curiuos to see what the 2013 does with this gen 2?
13-14 has been fully documented, twice, in articles. Take a look at the Front Page of svtperformance.com. Editor Turner did an outstanding job on a recent piece.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Nice numbers and looks great, you are going to need to call vmp for some cooling mods now. That much boost is going to pull timing quick, how do you like the mgw vs stock?

YukonRally

Established Member
I'll probably be ordering a new heat exchanger from VMP soon, this thing does get hot real quick. The MGW is noticeably shorter, and the ball is bigger, but it's a nice improvement. Take a little more effort, but it's very solid and doesn't have near the play of the stock.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
I'll probably be ordering a new heat exchanger from VMP soon, this thing does get hot real quick. The MGW is noticeably shorter, and the ball is bigger, but it's a nice improvement. Take a little more effort, but it's very solid and doesn't have near the play of the stock.

I would have to agree with you while the mgw was new, now I find the play similar to stock and I've tried replacing all the bushings again. While it is better I wouldn't say it's a huge improvement over stock.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
I have had my MGW 3 years and its feels like day one....set to 5 turns.

Users who are viewing this thread