Gen 5 Whipple Results and Impressions

KING_Asp

MAGA in a COBRA
Established Member
Well... I ordered my Gen 5 3.0L Whipple back in December and it showed up at the end of March. I got it all installed and finished my tune a couple weeks ago. Here is a little bit about the set up. Car is an 01' Cobra with Terminator swap on it I completed years ago.

Engine-
Boss 5.0L Block with 3.800" stroke Crank (326 ci) at 9.65:1 compression
Mild hand porting on the heads and Comp Cams pn 106400 Cams at 111*/118* centerlines
ARH 1 3/4" longtubes with Bassani 2.5" cat back
and a lot of other upgraded bells and whistles that don't per say affect performance

Fuel-
Fore Innovations Hat with twin 450lph pumps, -8AN feed and return lines, Fore Innovations fuel filter rails and F1 regulator, ID 1050x injectors and base pressure set to 58 psi

Blower-
Gen 5 3.0L Whipple with a 3.25" upper and a 2 lb (8.1") lower (21 psi)

Here are my results with the Whipple on E65 with 18.5 degrees of timing and 21 psi. The tires spun on the hit so the actual trq number was about 816 rwtq and 906 rwhp.The injectors are actually maxed outish (93%duty cycle) so I cannot add anymore ethanol content to try for more timing and power. Car is a complete animal. It murders my old TVS setup on the street. Any questions feel free to ask.

E65 21psi resize.jpg

Whipple Installed.JPG

Last edited:

KING_Asp

MAGA in a COBRA
Established Member
Here is a sheet for the TVS vs Gen 5 Whipple. I was rolling into the throttle on the TVS pull. Used vht on the Whipple.

2.3L TVS set up- Trinity TVS with BPS elbow and SCJ mechanical mono blade, JLT GT-500 123mm intake, 2.93" upper, 4 lb (8.6") lower 18 psi 22* timing and E-85
788 rwhp / 721 rwtq

Gen 5 3.0L Whipple- 3.625" upper with 2LB (8.1") lower, 17psi and 18.5* timing and E-65.
856 rwhp /742 rwtq
The Whipple feels like it doesn't want to stop. It's a beast party on the streets!!

TVS Vs Whipple resize.jpg

KING_Asp

MAGA in a COBRA
Established Member
It’s from the air raid you build it kit. Part number 100-500. I have some extra parts from it. PM me if interested

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Here is a sheet for the TVS vs Gen 5 Whipple. I was rolling into the throttle on the TVS pull. Used vht on the Whipple.

2.3L TVS set up- Trinity TVS with BPS elbow and SCJ mechanical mono blade, JLT GT-500 123mm intake, 2.93" upper, 4 lb (8.6") lower 18 psi 22* timing and E-85
788 rwhp / 721 rwtq

Gen 5 3.0L Whipple- 3.625" upper with 2LB (8.1") lower, 17psi and 18.5* timing and E-65.
856 rwhp /742 rwtq
The Whipple feels like it doesn't want to stop. It's a beast party on the streets!!

View attachment 1637602

Damn! So...4 degrees less timing....E85 vs E65....and still lays down 70 more hp?!? That gen5 is BADASS! Barely spinning it! So much for the big blowers aren't impressive unless spun to the moon! That's insane. Enjoy!

KING_Asp

MAGA in a COBRA
Established Member
Damn! So...4 degrees less timing....E85 vs E65....and still lays down 70 more hp?!? That gen5 is BADASS! Barely spinning it! So much for the big blowers aren't impressive unless spun to the moon! That's insane. Enjoy!
Your math is correct sir. I have the MS3 plug n play computer I am about to put in and then I am going to pulley up to 24-25 psi and let the blower eat. I think I am just getting into the efficiency of the blower where I am at. I will try and get some info from Whipple.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Your math is correct sir. I have the MS3 plug n play computer I am about to put in and then I am going to pulley up to 24-25 psi and let the blower eat. I think I am just getting into the efficiency of the blower where I am at. I will try and get some info from Whipple.

That's going to get REALLY interesting letting her eat! Rocket ship. Can't wait to see that dyno sheet

stangfreak

Established Member

car is impressive but he has a 326 ci motor and higher compression. He can get away with 21lbs of boost. and who knows if his motor is more efficient. Im not familiar with the new gen 5 pulley/ boost ratios yet. But I know when mustang magic built snake bite and did that famous fly by, he had a 302 stroker with heads and cams. That blower on his stock setup was reading 18lbs of boost. In that video, it was making 15lbs of boost. so it showed 15lbs being more efficient, but it was still being spun as a 18lb setup.

KING_Asp

MAGA in a COBRA
Established Member
very very impressive. How is the drivability on the street with that throttle body?
The throttle body is awesome. I had the SCJ Mono blade on my other set and the Whipple Roval throttle body was easier to get set up. It is very street able. Power delivery is pretty linear feeling, especially for how big it is. It just took me some work on the laptop with the tune and it idles and drives great. Whipple nailed it with the kit.

KING_Asp

MAGA in a COBRA
Established Member
car is impressive but he has a 326 ci motor and higher compression. He can get away with 21lbs of boost. and who knows if his motor is more efficient. Im not familiar with the new gen 5 pulley/ boost ratios yet. But I know when mustang magic built snake bite and did that famous fly by, he had a 302 stroker with heads and cams. That blower on his stock setup was reading 18lbs of boost. In that video, it was making 15lbs of boost. so it showed 15lbs being more efficient, but it was still being spun as a 18lb setup.
My set up has seen a consistent 4-5 lb lower boost per pulley set up on the TVS. It makes along the lines of the GT-500 5.4L motors as far as boost and pulley ratio go with other blowers.

stangfreak

Established Member
The throttle body is awesome. I had the SCJ Mono blade on my other set and the Whipple Roval throttle body was easier to get set up. It is very street able. Power delivery is pretty linear feeling, especially for how big it is. It just took me some work on the laptop with the tune and it idles and drives great. Whipple nailed it with the kit.

damn lol all this positive feed back is making it harder on me hahaha. dude your car is an animal. damn it lol I told myself no more blower swaps.

stangfreak

Established Member
My set up has seen a consistent 4-5 lb lower boost per pulley set up on the TVS. It makes along the lines of the GT-500 5.4L motors as far as boost and pulley ratio go with other blowers.

The 3.0 whipple, im assuming it comes with a 3.50 upper correct? what boost reading is that on a stock motor?

KING_Asp

MAGA in a COBRA
Established Member
The 3.0 whipple, im assuming it comes with a 3.50 upper correct? what boost reading is that on a stock motor?
It came with the 3.625" upper stock. That pulley with a 2lb lower made 17psi on my motor. So on a stock 4.6L based on my experience with other blowers, the 3.625" and stock lower would be around 19 psi on a 4.6L. That would be a safe bet.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member

That's a good point on the CI and compression. And I did realize that when I made my comment. But I DO believe these new rotor packs are a HUGE improvement over previous gen2 rotors. Those gen2 rotors were a handicap on the larger 3.4 blowers feeling soft down low sub 20psi.....this gen5 works amazing over a wider boost span. These new rotors are not snake oil

Users who are viewing this thread