Gen 5 whipple race port

stangfreak

Established Member
Afternoon all,

Just curious if anyone knows anyone or has a whipple 3.0 with the race port. If it made a difference or not in performance. Thanks all.

03terminatorcobra

Established Member
its supposed to make a noticeable difference.
most guys that would get the race port already have close to or max effort builds. not getting it would be leaving power on the table when your already looking for every last hp.

stangfreak

Established Member
yea I was trying to do some research on it. Just saw a video about it and one of the guys running the port saw a 30hp and 30tq increase and also no boost drop off. Picked up some mph at the track as well. would of been nice if they came ported already. I know its a 1500 dollar option.

MG0h3

Established Member
I considered it but maybe if I end up with a fully built engine.

But then again, I keep considering going turbo as well…

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

ITSTOCK

Established Member
I have the race port, from what I remember, it was basically if you want to run all the boost, get the port. It will also run a bit cooler.

As far as hard data, nothing to share. Do you plan on running 30+ pounds? If so, seems like a reasonable fee to be on the safe side of not over spinning the blower.

03terminatorcobra

Established Member
yea I was trying to do some research on it. Just saw a video about it and one of the guys running the port saw a 30hp and 30tq increase and also no boost drop off. Picked up some mph at the track as well. would of been nice if they came ported already. I know its a 1500 dollar option.

Could you share a link to the video?

MG0h3

Established Member
IMG_4511.JPG

Gen5, VMP IC, 1300s sitting in my spare bedroom.

Too hot to do shit right now though.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

MG0h3

Established Member
I’m on the fence about doing studs and throwing it on, sometimes I think about selling my good running engine and building a new one for it.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

stangfreak

Established Member
Cool, thanks. Yup, id opt for it. Good info.
yea man no problem. Those were the heavy hitters. Iv been talking to broke7 for a long time. But um, looks like bryan crane removed his gen 5 whipple and went turbo hehe. You just can't beat turbo's. If I had a regular gt, I would 4v swap it and just go turbo. No more blower swaps.

stangfreak

Established Member
Bro that looks sick !!! whats your combo? auto? My tuner told all of us cobra guys back in the day, to go turbo. He said, all of us blower guys, are going to buy, sell, buy, sell, buy, sell to the new latest and greatest. And he was right lol. we all went from the 2.2 kb, 2.3 whipple, 2.6 kb, the tvs, 3.4 whipple, and all we did was go in circles, gaining minimal power and still being around the same HP levels. He was saying this when the HP turbo kits were out. Not HPP, HP. People used to bash that kit and said it was junk bc of fitment issue. I dont know, two of my friends had it and it was a solid ass kit. Not for nothing, It was twin turbo, bottom mount kit, with k member and suspension. Full kit, for 5 grand. one of my friends who had a cobra went 8.30's blowing up at the track due to a faulty injector.

Last edited:

03terminatorcobra

Established Member
Dudes... I agree. Turbo is the way to go.
Ive invested so much into turning my cobra into 90% track with the whipple that it would hurt to switch. Plus the fact I would feel bad getting rid of a blower for a turbo. For me I wouldnt have anything that makes it feel like a terminator remaining... lol. 9in, mvb auto, and whipple currently.

The reason I havent upgraded to a gen5 is they are a couple years old now. Whipple is always improving and im tempted to hold out for whatever comes out next.

Users who are viewing this thread