Gen 3 Raptor to be unveiled Feb 3rd

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Was it directed at me? If by calling for the Ford marketing team to be lined and shot is me being a fanboy...then I don't know what to say. I don't think I have said one positive thing about the Gen 3 on this forum.

Edit: But if it was about the TRX vs Raptor statement. It was a statement of fact. There will be TRXs that come to the off-roading place where I and other Raptor owners go.

Ok fanboy y’all will see what happens when the might TRX comes out to lay the smack down

03'Darin

Established Member
I hate to say it but most corporate decisions are based solely on economics. I've been to pretty much every SVT, Ford Racing and Ford Performance training event since the mid 90's. Every single one of those events had discussion about how the team (SVT, FR or FP) had to negotiate extensively with the "bean counters" until they finally got an approval to build what the bean counters agreed on and not what the team was trying to build. The only time that scenario was different was when John Colleti scrapped the 2002 cobra build because "it was a dog" and convinced the bean counters to let them build the super charged "Terminator".

Also an interesting tidbit.... up until at least the early 2000's (haven't followed it since then) the Camaro never outsold the Mustang in any of the years the Camaro had more horsepower. Which always gave the bean counters more power to dilute the teams goals.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Ok fanboy y’all will see what happens when the might TRX comes out to lay the smack down
Ummm, OK?
Everyone will be eating hotdogs around the campfire arguing about who's truck TFLtruck liked better :D
Bro, we drive Raptors...there will be steaks. You pheasants can throat the hotdogs all you want (I want to put a J/K emoji here, but the closest is the tongue out one...and that seems a little flamboyant given the hotdog talk).

For real though. It annoys the shit out of me that the dude at TFL gave more information (read: any) than Ford did. I guess Ford did give some info. But you had to search high and low for it.

Last edited:

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Everyone will be eating hotdogs around the campfire arguing about who's truck TFLtruck liked better :D
giphy.gif

kaz109

Established Member
Would be amazing if Ford made a raptor similar to the 2014 mustang cobra jet. A pure purpose built non street legal trophy truck and offer it at say 120k with not so limited allocation so no ADM.

The HP wars ppl want for this segment is idiotic and only shows how naive most are to what this segment is supposed to be about

blk02edge

Established Member
Would be amazing if Ford made a raptor similar to the 2014 mustang cobra jet. A pure purpose built non street legal trophy truck and offer it at say 120k with not so limited allocation so no ADM.

The HP wars ppl want for this segment is idiotic and only shows how naive most are to what this segment is supposed to be about
You aint getting anywhere close to a TT for less than 500k. Ford also did offer the Raptor R (XT) in the first gen that was essentially the exact model that ran the Baja, with no vin. Nobody bought them.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
You aint getting anywhere close to a TT for less than 500k. Ford also did offer the Raptor R (XT) in the first gen that was essentially the exact model that ran the Baja, with no vin. Nobody bought them.

Well 50 were made in total.

How many of those were actually made available to the public and not some friend of a friend at Ford?

Raptor XT 500hp

Back in 2010 someone commented you had to be part of a race team to get one.
I wasn't in the Raptor scene back then so I don't remember the XT well

blk02edge

Established Member
Well 50 were made in total.

How many of those were actually made available to the public and not some friend of a friend at Ford?

Raptor XT 500hp

Back in 2010 someone commented you had to be part of a race team to get one.
I wasn't in the Raptor scene back then so I don't remember the XT well
Im sure a few sold to private race teams who maybe used them as a chase/support truck but I have never seen or heard of one used as a play toy. It's just not the type of truck someone wants. Racers either build 4100 series Rangers/toyotas or trophy trucks really. Now, side by sides are huge. I don't see a market at all for a no vin Raptor built by Ford. The aftermarket is superior anyway

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Im sure a few sold to private race teams who maybe used them as a chase/support truck but I have never seen or heard of one used as a play toy. It's just not the type of truck someone wants. Racers either build 4100 series Rangers/toyotas or trophy trucks really. Now, side by sides are huge. I don't see a market at all for a no vin Raptor built by Ford. The aftermarket is superior anyway

Oh I agree. Just was curious to see how many were actually built too.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
It was black.
It looked ok, I don’t really care for either of them...or any of the new trucks really. It looked bloated from the outside with a narrow track.
Yeah, there's something about it that looks "off" to me.
Maybe it's the tires? I think they need to be a bit taller and wider? I think the gen 3 Raptor looks better.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
That sound in a gen2 wouldn’t have been a deal breaker

Users who are viewing this thread