SEMA_2015_Day_1_0173.jpg

SEMA_2015_Day_1_0174.jpg

SEMA_2015_Day_1_0175.jpg

SEMA_2015_Day_1_0176.jpg

SEMA_2015_Day_1_0177.jpg

SEMA_2015_Day_1_0178.jpg

1slo5ohh

Established Member
Love the truck, only thing I don't like is the tailgate. I could do without that plastic piece and FORD plastered across it.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
God that tailgate is so damn ugly. I can't believe they are producing it like that. Nice tramp stamp.

And the dual rear-exit exhaust? Guess they are making this gen a street truck. Rear exit = worse approach angle. Common sense to all off roaders.

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I have pretty much zero use for a Raptor over a regular 4x4 around here but damn I would still love to have one

39Mustang

Established Member
C'mon its still a 6-banger and try asking current F150 owners with the eco-boost it doesn't do what Ford says it does. As a 2014 Raptor owner I like some of the 2017 options but I doubt I could get past they 6-banger. However, considering Shelby American and Tuscany are trying to sell a $100k truck that couldn't do off-road what the Raptor can then yes the 2017 looks a lot more enticing. I don't get Ford's thinking with the 10spd Automatic as its useless unless highway driving. Yea, not a fan of that tailgate either looks too much import

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Makes sense. Not sure why el paso Texas would be a location but hey what do I know

Some combination of temperature/weather, terrain, elevation for testing. I have never been there so I am not sure if there are some "remote" testing grounds out there that is easy to get to but out of the public eye or something.

The two things I like least have already been touched on. Tailgate, and rear exit exhaust. Besides the decreased functionality on approach/departure angle, I just don't like the looks of a rear exit exhaust. I am sure Ford spec'd out X/Y approach and departure angles in the early stages of design and then they had room to route the exhaust through the rear for styling since they met their goal.

Last edited:

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
With the pricing on upper tier F-150s, I'm guessing these are going to be in the upper 60K - $70k range.

02_Lightning

Established Member
You are right- the price tag on this will be more than you could have bought a Roush Raptor for. To me, they missed the mark. badly.

ObieFox

Established Member
The 10sp and the Gen 2 direct injected 3.5 ecoboost will work together. It doesn't have anything to do with "highway driving". The key to the 10sp is that it will allow the 3.5 to stay right in meat of its torque curve. Torque is what it is all about when moving this heavy truck around.

On the pricing front, I would expect the new truck to fit into the price scheme much like the Gen 1 raptor did. My expectation is that the new Raptor will be priced below the King Ranch and Platinum just as it was before.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The 10sp and the Gen 2 direct injected 3.5 ecoboost will work together. It doesn't have anything to do with "highway driving". The key to the 10sp is that it will allow the 3.5 to stay right in meat of its torque curve. Torque is what it is all about when moving this heavy truck around.

On the pricing front, I would expect the new truck to fit into the price scheme much like the Gen 1 raptor did. My expectation is that the new Raptor will be priced below the King Ranch and Platinum just as it was before.

I highly doubt it.

I'd bet $66-69k. It won't tip $70k though.

Users who are viewing this thread