gen 2 2.3 whipple 3.25 upper only making 11lbs?

svtaddict

Established Member
So got my 03 cobra tuned. Upper only 3.25 pulley on my 2.3 whipple and tuner says it's only making 11lbs. Its making 549hp and 509 tq. Which is great but that seems low. Any ideas. Could it be a misadjusted boost bypass? Already tested for leaks only one at idle is the boost bypass. Thanks.

rw_23

F8LBITE
Established Member
It could be the bypass as it is easy to cross the hoses. Check to make sure they are not hooked up wrong. You should be around 16psi with a stock sized lower pulley. The power level/amount is solid for that much boost. Is your gauge hooked up correctly and is it of good quality? Should be one of these areas. Nice power though!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
The lower port on the bypass valve doesn't even have to be hooked up. It can be left "open" air. The lower port connects to your cai.

svtaddict

Established Member
So check it out on my upper only eaton max boost was 13 psi. My overlay was just eyeballed and would only read maybe 12 pounds. Today while tinkering with the cobra I noticed the lower boost bypass port was vented into the intake tube. No biggie but I figured I would try leaving it vented To the atmosphere. Took it for a spin and God Damn! Its pulling way harder! First and second don't have traction Also my boost gauge is registering 14lbs. That means I'm putting about 15 lbs out now. Crazy part is a lot of threads say to either route the bottom port back to the intake OR vent it. I believe there is has to be an obvious difference Between the two configurations. Anybody else ever see this?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread