Gen 1 lightning, after owning a Gen 2?

Dusten

Established Member
How big of a difference is it in performance? I've read the numbers, but that doesn't really list the "seat of the pants" feel. I found a very clean, 100,000 mile black one, locally that Im interested in as a DD. I've owned some moderately fast fords(forged 306 KB powered 94 cobra, pullied Gen 2 that ran 12.80's, high 12 second fox). But i've yet to actually drive a Gen 1 L. I dont really want to waste the dealers time though by going down to look at it, only to be disappointed. I was actually looking at Focus SVT's before this, so that shows im not looking for a race car. Just something fun to drive, that is reliable. I've had several F-150's of this body style so i know the quirks, and ins and outs(93 F-150, 95 F-150, 96 F-250). Thanks for any help guys, im looking forward to getting back into an SVT(this will be #5)

Last edited:

Jagwire540

i love my 94, but it kinda lacks the seat of the pants feel. dont get me wrong, its quick, and a blast to drive, but i wont be satified until ive done some bolt on mods.

bumperquip

Established Member
I've never driven but have been a passenger in a couple of Gen2s.

The only word I can come up with that describes the difference (in my mind anyway) is refinement.

The Gen2 has it. The Gen1 does not.

The Gen1 is more raw and bit more uncivilized.

I'm on my second Gen1.

My first was a completely stock motor equipped only with a PowerDyne BD11a making 6 lbs of boost.

With that singular modification, and upon the planting of your right foot, that truck was very much a two-fisted drive.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread