Gears for the Mach

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Most ppl on here say go Ford Racing or they could chatter. I've never used Yukon or heard of anyone using them in a Mustang but that's me. I know the Jeep guys like them lol.

VLONE

Established Member
Haven’t heard anything particularly bad about Yukon, but to be safe you could always just go with the trusted ford racing 4.10. That’s what is in mine and it’s great

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Sketchy_Mach1

Established Member
See I had looked at the FR 4:10 for a long time but AM had been out of stock for over 4 months along with LMR and it’s so much more expensive to get directly from Ford Racing so it was just a thought didn’t know if there was much of a difference in the 4:11 and 4:10 performance wise either

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Just go with the FR 410s. They have proven to work well and setup easy for most installers. Also why you at it install rebuild the traction lock or upgrade it.

MackDombles

Established Member
I vote Ford racing.

I have the 4.10s with a manual and it's way to low. If you were close and had 3.55s I'd swap you and do the labor. Ever since I put this m122 on, 1st 2nd and the scary part of 3rd is useless and sticky tires aren't an option.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Ted B

Established Member
Ford racing is the best choice and, just food for thought 4.10s will whine a little bit as compared to stock, also you will be at around 3100 or so RPM at 75-80. My mach is supercharged and with 4.10s even on a hot day and M/T drag radials 315's its a wild ride ;). I'm actually debating on going to 3.90's, or possibly 3.73's. If your going to keep the car NA then 4.10s other than taking you to the gas station more often make for a much more powerful feeling in those first few gears.

Users who are viewing this thread