Gear pattern

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Limited (very) experience with gear set up so looking to see if this gear pattern looks ok, seems good to me by looking at the charts online but would like confirmation/critique from others out there. Backlash is .009. All comments welcome

Attachments

• IMG_5598.jpeg
    IMG_5598.jpeg
    236.5 KB · Views: 65

ToddW702

Established Member
It looks the same as my third member that was assembled by Currie.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

MG0h3

Established Member
Looks good to me.

Done a handful of my own on various setups.

I’ve had a pattern that wasn’t quite as nice as that, went back and forth with the pinion and carrier shims and it never got better.

As mentioned, if the coast is acceptable, send it.

Edit: did you ever try a little more shallow on the pinion? Only reason I ask is I can’t tell if there’s any room at the base of the ring gear.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I didn’t try anymore shallow on the pinion, it was deeper before, I think it will be ok, the coast side looks decent too, just going to put the axles in and send it I think, tired of playing with it. I sure like the solid pinion spacer way better than the crush sleeve, never could get those right
Thanks for the feedback

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member
I’d be happy with that. Looks like what my cobra irs diff did when I went to a 373 gear. So far no issues with almost 1500 miles.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I’d be happy with that. Looks like what my cobra irs diff did when I went to a 373 gear. So far no issues with almost 1500 miles.
Pretty happy here too, I think they will be good, these are 3.73’s as well, I thought about going 4.10’s but I don’t want to have to buy more tires than necessary

Users who are viewing this thread