Gear and MT82 Oil Change After HPDE?

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
I read somewhere online in a manual that Ford recommends changing the tranny and differential oil out after every track event. Seem like a bit much? After my last HPDE with Amsoil MTF I actually hurt the tranny and it was replaced under warranty. It makes me a bit hesitant to go back to Amsoil MTF honestly.

The rear end oil is stock fill. I've never heard of having to change it more than every 50K miles or so if that.

What do you guys think? On M6G they're always salivating at another thing to buy and the vendors always swarm and tell them YES BUY MOAR NAO YOU NEED THIS but I'm not a fan of wasting money.

LS2GTO

Established Member
Personally I'll wait and see how the trans fluid thing develops after a few years of usage. I am hesitant to put in synthetic fluid when all builders I've ever talked to, and all OEMs, recommend using non synthetic fluid in these types of transmissions. I'd hate to have something go wrong and Ford not warranty the unit because it has non compliant fluid. So far I haven't noticed any of the notchiness that many people get and say fluid gets rid of.

As far as the diff, I will go with some w140 type just for the extra cooling and shearing capability...I've heard good results of people with that fluid during HPDEs. BTW, Ford recommends changing out the diff fluid every 12 hours of track time...not after each event.

whatsup62

Established Member
So I just blew out a MT82 and I was running Amsoil Syncromesh. Now I find out that the recommendation from the people that sell Amsoil is actually 2qts Syncromesh/ 1qt Severe Gear 75/90.

Users who are viewing this thread