Gauging whether to keep my Parnelli Intake

Zilairin

Established Member
I own a 12 GT and bought a Boss 302 intake to install. I got lucky on winning the 13 of 15 Parnelli Jones CF intake and the more I look at the performance difference, the more I am doubting my purchase. I am trying to gauge whether I should attempt to sell my Airaid Intake or just stick with the original plan and install it. Any thoughts on what I should do. If interested in the intake PM me.

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Regardless of which CAI you're using you'll need a tune to extract anymore HP from your car. The Airaid has a sleeve in it so you can run your stock tune. When using an aftermarket tune you remove the sleeve. I don't think one CAI is better than the other, it's the tune that makes the difference.

Zilairin

Established Member
Regardless of which CAI you're using you'll need a tune to extract anymore HP from your car. The Airaid has a sleeve in it so you can run your stock tune. When using an aftermarket tune you remove the sleeve. I don't think one CAI is better than the other, it's the tune that makes the difference.

Yeah the Parnelli jones intake is an airaid and if I install the boss manifold I'll be doing that. I'm just questioning if I should install the Boss manifold and stuff or sell the Parnelli CAi.

Grant808

Established Member
I have one of the numbered intakes, but don't see why you would bother putting it on a GT even if you have the Boss intake.

Personally, I wouldn't buy number 13...but there may be a boss owner who would.

That said, I don't think there are significant or useful gains with the Boss intake on the GTs, without other mods for a high-revving, high HP setup...either would negate the use of an N/A CAI. You might as well sell it and make some $ for your trouble.

Zilairin

Established Member
I have one of the numbered intakes, but don't see why you would bother putting it on a GT even if you have the Boss intake.

Personally, I wouldn't buy number 13...but there may be a boss owner who would.

That said, I don't think there are significant or useful gains with the Boss intake on the GTs, without other mods for a high-revving, high HP setup...either would negate the use of an N/A CAI. You might as well sell it and make some $ for your trouble.

The reason I got it is because I am a Mustang Enthusiast and I have high respect for Parnelli Jones. Plus it as for charity. Nice to hace a limited edition intake too. Did you by chance protect the signature or just installed it? I am wondering how too protect the signature.

Grant808

Established Member
Sorry, I didn't mean to judge...you bought it for the same reasons I did.

I didn't attempt to protect the signature. I figure I'd get another CF tube if it starts to wear at all.

Zilairin

Established Member
Sorry, I didn't mean to judge...you bought it for the same reasons I did.

I didn't attempt to protect the signature. I figure I'd get another CF tube if it starts to wear at all.

No worries. I'm glad to see people that enjoy the same things here. I'm wondering what be good to protect it.

Users who are viewing this thread