Gauge for intercooler

db281gt

Terminator GT
Established Member
Hey everyone . Im putting together my termi swap gt and I was wondering if anyone is using some kind of temp guage to see what the intercooler temps are . If so where did you install the sensor at and what brand of guage did you use.

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
Hey everyone . Im putting together my termi swap gt and I was wondering if anyone is using some kind of temp guage to see what the intercooler temps are . If so where did you install the sensor at and what brand of guage did you use.

I use one. I have an aftermarket IC Reservoir from Lethal Performance and had the sensor mounted/drilled into the bottom. I just used an Autometer digital water temp gauge and it's perfect to keep you updated on the temp. I have the Killer Chiller, so I use the gauge to make sure my temps stay inbounds since I'm no longer running the heat exchanger. Any water temp gauge should be fine, I just used the Autometer one to match my other gauges that I already had. Good luck with your swap, you're going to surprise A LOT of folks:rockon::beer:

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
More useful would be IAT2 temps.

+1

The Aeroforce gauge is a very nice, that can be used to monitor possibly an existing gauge that you may be using right now. If space or cosmeticly is an issue. IMO
:beer:

Last edited:

Tractionless1

Established Member
If you're swapping to Terminator gear I assume you're using the ECU as well and the Aeroforce is your best choice. You'll be able to monitor IAT2's which are a direct result of IC fluid temps. Unless you're one of those that needs piles of gauges to show off at stop lights.

GodStang

Established Member
If you're swapping to Terminator gear I assume you're using the ECU as well and the Aeroforce is your best choice. You'll be able to monitor IAT2's which are a direct result of IC fluid temps. Unless you're one of those that needs piles of gauges to show off at stop lights.

Yes gauges add 50rwhp per gauge so you need as many as you can. As Tractionless1 said kinda pointless since the IAT2 temps are more important than the water temps. If your IAT2 temps are going up than your water Temps are going up.

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
Yup I will run 1 aeroforce gauge and call it good

Gunna monitor both iat2 temps and af ratio with it

Tractionless1

Established Member
Yup I will run 1 aeroforce gauge and call it good

Gunna monitor both iat2 temps and af ratio with it

I'm with ya and was thinking of dumping my boost gauge as well and switch it over the the aeroforce too. That way it can be logged and I'll only have a single gauge, well besides the hidden N2O gauge. :uh oh:

Users who are viewing this thread