gauge cluster swap, anyone done it yet?

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
These cars have been around for enough time id figure someone has upgraded their base cluster to a premium cluster. Ive searched and found a few people "claim" they did it but dissapear and dont answer further questions. Anyone here done it yet?? :D Theyre flat out beautiful compared to the plain jain base setup.

And to answer the dumb obvious upcomming question of "why didnt you just get the car like that in the first place"...i had to get the absolute base model. Just wasnt in the books financially to get any options or they wouldnt finance me (it just so happen to come with 3.73's and the spoiler which i wasnt charged for, heh). So ill build my premium as I go :)

ViciousJay

Established Member
im more interested to see if the 2013 one is swap-able, the gauge and tails would be fine upgrade to the 2011-12 cars. The new ones do nothing for me

acrbill

Established Member
I can almost guarantee that it will plug and play.

That being said. I had a base and traded it for a premium. As much as I enjoy the leather and other premium bits the cluster is no big deal. I prefer the base gauges based on looks alone.

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
The cluster should be plug n play. BUT....from my understanding the PATS system resides in the cluster, so you would have to reprogram your keys to the vehicle. Or disable PATS in the tune, if you can on the 11+.

ViciousJay

Established Member
I can almost guarantee that it will plug and play.

That being said. I had a base and traded it for a premium. As much as I enjoy the leather and other premium bits the cluster is no big deal. I prefer the base gauges based on looks alone.

really? hmmmm, i would if the monitors of the PATS system will work like a/f, coolant temp, etc....

kevinp

Established Member
Isnt the mileage programmed in the cluster too?

Myself I like the base cluster better, but I dont like the plastic dash trim compared to the premium.

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
ive read some places the dealers CAN transfer over the mileage and other forums were they say they CANT. lol. Expensive item when the whole thing is still questionable. Oh well.I cant stand the base setup. Looks overly..... basish. hahah.

Users who are viewing this thread