gates green stripe belt vs non green stripe differences

wuplash

Established Member
does anybody know what the difference is between a gates micro-v green stripe belt and a gates micro-v non green stripe belt???? also who has the best price on the gates green stripe belt.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Are you talking about the green stripe Gates and the NAPA packaged belt?

wuplash

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
Are you talking about the green stripe Gates and the NAPA packaged belt?

yes.is there a difference between the gates green stripe belt and the napa micro-v belt that does not have the green stripe.i really wanted a green stripe gates and i know that gates and napa go hand in hand,but the napa sales guy said the packaged napa belt is actually a green stripe so i purchased one to try out.do you know if this is true or not??

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The belts are identical and what the guy said is true. Gates simply repackages their green-stripe belt with the NAPA packaging for the auto parts giant. I called Gates about this early this year and confirmed that there are no physical differences.

On a side note, NAPA charged me $42.00 for their belt and I bought it on-line for $27.00 plus shipping. I learned a quick lesson! LOL! By on-line. Here's the link if you're interested. Not sure if the price changed any. Rock Auto also sends out occasional on-line discount coupons. http://www.rockauto.com.

Z-COBRA

Bling & Zing
Established Member
I just bought one (green stripe) from a local auto parts store for
$24 and change tax included.

Users who are viewing this thread