Gaskets with lethal H pipe?

Vegasgold

Established Member
Since I started this thread I should update it. I just installed the Lethal H-pipe and 170 degree thermostat. Everything went nice and smooth. The sound is louder, deeper and there is a slight smell. No codes so I was happy.

Just went for a quick ride to check for codes, leaks and hear how she sounds. Everything is perfect, loud and fast. She seems to really move now. Very impressed. It will take some time to get use to this transformation.

Ablaze

Established Member
Are the exhaust tips in the stock location or did they get pushed out an inch or so after adding the midpipe? Glad it all turned out well.

Vegasgold

Established Member
Are the exhaust tips in the stock location or did they get pushed out an inch or so after adding the midpipe? Glad it all turned out well.
The drivers side is fine. The passenger side one tip is about 1/4" out. I decided to leave it. I could have adjusted it one more time but, for now it looks fine. Takes some time to align everything. I may adjust it when I install the LCA, brackets, etc...

Seems like a new car again. Different sound and faster than before. Thanks...

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I've got the MRT H pipe on mine. Everything runs well with no significant issues, but I suspect there's a small leak somewhere. Seems to be a bit of a hiss detectable only when driving close to a fence or concrete wall. Maybe a hint of exhaust fumes when rolling to a stop with the windows down as well. Overall though, I've been impressed with how well these H-pipes from various companies have fit together. Glad yours is working out. I think the sound is perfect with the stock mufflers.

Last edited:

Vegasgold

Established Member
I've got the MRT H pipe on mine. Everything runs well with no significant issues, but I suspect there's a small leak somewhere. Seems to be a bit of a hiss detectable only when driving close to a fence or concrete wall. Maybe a hint of exhaust fumes when rolling to a stop with the windows down as well. Overall thigh, I've been impressed with how well these H-pipes from various companies have fit together. Glad yours is working out. I think the sound is perfect with the stock mufflers.

I agree with you regarding the sound and stock mufflers. I do not have a leak or can not hear one, lol...Not sure your set up but should be easy to fix. Maybe tighten the clamps or add that muffler concrete or what ever they call it around the seams.

One thing I am concerned is the 170 degree thermostat. I see the engine may not get hot enough here in Canada. I think I will reinstall the stock one to be on the safe side and get another tune. Anyone else think the 170 degree thermostat may cause issues if the engine is not hot enough?

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I agree with you regarding the sound and stock mufflers. I do not have a leak or can not hear one, lol...Not sure your set up but should be easy to fix. Maybe tighten the clamps or add that muffler concrete or what ever they call it around the seams.

Yeah, I haven't done any troubleshooting on it yet since we've had so much rain. Should be a simple fix.

Users who are viewing this thread