Gas Removal

cobra1993svt

Established Member
My Cobra is in storage with a full tank of gas with Stabil fuel stabilizer. It gets started and warmed up to operating temp quite often. I didnt drive it at all last year so the gas is a year old. It starts and run fine but I was wondering if I should remove the gas and replace it with new fuel this spring.
If I should remove it. What is the easiest way to do this?

buddha93

Established Member
You should be fine with that gas, especially with the Stabil in it.

If however you have to do it, the easiest way is to disconnect the feed line in the engine compartment and run a line from that into a gas can. Then you can either jumper the relay to kick the factory pump on, or just cylce the key off and on until you get it all out.

slowr w/o blowr

Established Member
Just run it out by driving. I would caution you to not get into the throttle too hard though. Listen carefully for audible pre-ignition as your octane level is not nearly as high as it was when you filled the tank up.

cobra1993svt

Established Member
Ha. Run it out by driving it. Now that"s funny. I dont drive the car alot anymore, getting bored with it and want a Diesel Dodge

cobra1993svt

Established Member
Vibrant Red with Black cloth
41028 is the mileage

One would have assumed that driving the car to empty the tank was not an option.Sorry if I offended you

Last edited:

WillyB93

Established Member
I would say if you are bored with it put it up for sale and try to get rid of it the red and black is highly sought after, does it have the sunroof option?

ducci610

Established Member
Hey WillyB93 and Cobra93SVT, I live in Philly. You guys heading to any good shows/cruises this spring once the weather breaks? Its my first spring with the cobra and looking for some good local events to attend. thanks

WillyB93

Established Member
I just try to attend some local show close to house, there is a swap-meet car show in Columbus, OH the first weekend in April. There is a show in the fall too I may attend. This is the only one that I have set plans on attending, may not drive any mustangs there though. I hit a few little car shows around my area, after 50 to 60 hours of work I don't have much left sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread