Gas Prices After The Cyber Attack (by Russia?)

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Why would he get fined? Is gas regulated by the government like milk is?

Some states implement price gouging rules to prevent price spikes.

This guy more than doubling the price of gas, with the sign turned off, to me is price gouging during the shortage.

Examples include, but are not limited to:

• water
  • ice
  • food
  • generators
  • batteries
  • home repair services
  • tree removal services
  • motor fuels

The basic test for determining if a price is unconscionable, is whether the post-disaster price charged by the "supplier" grossly exceeds the price charged for the same or similar goods or services either by the same supplier, or within the same trade area, during the ten (10) days immediately prior to the disaster. Complaints relating to sales of "necessary goods and services" other than motor fuels should be filed with the Office of the Attorney General.
Complaints relating to sales of motor fuels should be filed with the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Office of Weights and Measures.

OAG Consumer Protection

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
But that sounds different thoe. The sole intent was to rip off people in a time need.

The gas station situation is different. The actual supply is low and some stations are actually out of fuel. I would see supply and demand apply to this.

Their supplier cost didn't change, so how different? I am not for or against a guy making money, but society as a whole has trouble with windfall profits earned from calamity.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Their supplier cost didn't change, so how different? I am not for or against a guy making money, but society as a whole has trouble with windfall profits earned from calamity.

I feel like we were just having this conversation about toilet paper and hand sanitzer. Weren't people getting nailed for hording and gouging on that stuff?

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
I filled up at Costco on Wednesday and it was $3.89 for premium. Holy fook.

Haven't seen any of the crazies filling up garbage bags with gas, but I won't be surprised if I do.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I feel like we were just having this conversation about toilet paper and hand sanitzer. Weren't people getting nailed for hording and gouging on that stuff?

If I remember right, they did go after some hand sanitizer and mask gougers.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Where did you pay $8 at?
There was a Chevron on the corner of Red Hill Ave in Tustin, CA just off the 5. If I remember correctly, it spiked up to 8 for a few days then settled back down to 7, then drew down to $4 over the next month.

I was Harley-only then and if it wasnt for that I would have been walking to work.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Some states implement price gouging rules to prevent price spikes.

This guy more than doubling the price of gas, with the sign turned off, to me is price gouging during the shortage.

Examples include, but are not limited to:

• water
  • ice
  • food
  • generators
  • batteries
  • home repair services
  • tree removal services
  • motor fuels

The basic test for determining if a price is unconscionable, is whether the post-disaster price charged by the "supplier" grossly exceeds the price charged for the same or similar goods or services either by the same supplier, or within the same trade area, during the ten (10) days immediately prior to the disaster. Complaints relating to sales of "necessary goods and services" other than motor fuels should be filed with the Office of the Attorney General.
Complaints relating to sales of motor fuels should be filed with the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Office of Weights and Measures.

OAG Consumer Protection

Thanks info

I agree

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
There was a Chevron on the corner of Red Hill Ave in Tustin, CA just off the 5. If I remember correctly, it spiked up to 8 for a few days then settled back down to 7, then drew down to $4 over the next month.

I was Harley-only then and if it wasnt for that I would have been walking to work.

Insane

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Of the 3 gas stations that I passed on way to work this morning, 1 did not have gas, 2 had premium only

Paid 3.30/gal for 93

"Nothing makes me question ALL of my life decisions like SVTP."

Posts and likes are not mine.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
93 here is up to $3.69. Had been hovering around the 3.49-3.59 range ever since Nov 3. It was in the 2.80's before that.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Yes.
I know it's not an oil issue, but a pipeline issue.

I was suggesting bringing some of the reserves to those states in state of emergency with no oil/gas. (Which you did answer up above. Thanks.)

How about this little conundrum.

There’s a shortage of truck drivers... which is forcing more pipelines..

pipelines have issues daily...

......... which requires truck drivers.

honestly it would blow your mind how many oil spills happen EVERY DAY due to pipelines..

There was one in west Texas in the middle of ****in nowhere about a decade ago.. one random private plane was flying over and gave a shit and looked down.. 40 acres of land was BLACK.. due to a continuous pipeline leak.

here’s where it gets fun...

1. how did nobody ever see it while examining.

2. the pipeline obviously didn’t care about the loss of product given the profit.

Oil/ gas / water goes missing ALLLLLLL the time. I’d do monthly checkouts and their gauges would say.. let’s just go with “ we sold you 125,620 bbls of oil”

I come back with .. “ no you actually only sold us 123,500 bbls of oil” and it’s legit like “ wel okay the . That’s what 2300 bbls? At 53 a bbl that’s almost $125k A MONTH.. and they don’t care.

now if people don’t know bbls.. that’s almost 96 THOUSAND gallons of oil. That just is forgotten about.

Trucks are WAY more accurate than a pipeline.. BUT there is a human factor in trucking

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Doubt we get the whole story, but seems like the bad guys closed up shop over this. Too much heat or actually found and shut down behind the scenes?

The moral underground? Ransomware operators retreat… | Intel471.com
On May 13, 2021, the operators of the DarkSide Ransomware-as-a-Service (RaaS) announced they would immediately cease operations of the DarkSide RaaS program. Operators said they would issue decryptors to all their affiliates for the targets they attacked, and promised to compensate all outstanding financial obligations by May 23, 2021. The group, which has been named as the one responsible for the Colonial Pipeline incident, also passed an announcement to its affiliates claiming a public portion of the group's infrastructure was disrupted by an unspecified law enforcement agency. The group’s name-and-shame blog, ransom collection website, and breach data content delivery network (CDN) were all allegedly seized, while funds from their cryptocurrency wallets allegedly were exfiltrated.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I filled up at Costco on Wednesday and it was $3.89 for premium. Holy fook.

Haven't seen any of the crazies filling up garbage bags with gas, but I won't be surprised if I do.
I just bought gas this morning at our local Costco. I went there around 9:00 AM and was SURPRISED that there were only TWO other cars there. I honestly expected long lines because people panic over news like this. Premium has changed; it's still $2.99 a gallon. That was a second pleasant surprise.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
I just bought gas this morning at our local Costco. I went there around 9:00 AM and was SURPRISED that there were only TWO other cars there. I honestly expected long lines because people panic over news like this. Premium has changed; it's still $2.99 a gallon. That was a second pleasant surprise.

That's a good thing. Hopefully the prices stay reasonable near you.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

honestly it would blow your mind how many oil spills happen EVERY DAY due to pipelines..

There was one in west Texas in the middle of ****in nowhere about a decade ago.. one random private plane was flying over and gave a shit and looked down.. 40 acres of land was BLACK.. due to a continuous pipeline leak.

2. the pipeline obviously didn’t care about the loss of product given the profit.

Oil/ gas / water goes missing ALLLLLLL the time. I’d do monthly checkouts and their gauges would say.. let’s just go with “ we sold you 125,620 bbls of oil”

I come back with .. “ no you actually only sold us 123,500 bbls of oil” and it’s legit like “ wel okay the . That’s what 2300 bbls? At 53 a bbl that’s almost $125k A MONTH.. and they don’t care.

now if people don’t know bbls.. that’s almost 96 THOUSAND gallons of oil. That just is forgotten about.

Trucks are WAY more accurate than a pipeline.. BUT there is a human factor in trucking

You'd think there was a system that consolidates input volume and output volume and any variance = leak. Unless there is but it requires a rather large leak to show up as a variance, probably months later as the books are audited....

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Capture.PNG

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
You'd think there was a system that consolidates input volume and output volume and any variance = leak. Unless there is but it requires a rather large leak to show up as a variance, probably months later as the books are audited....

it just counts liquid when it travels .. if there is a leak from say, a water source that mixes with the oil it counts the mixture all as one.

I had to account for the water and sediment in my calculations.

If something other than oil is over 1% of the total they are supposed to shut down sites ..

Guess what they don’t do?

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member

Wow. So much money flying around, we'll call it this or call it that. LOL
Crazy.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
That makes it seem even more like there's govt ****ery at play, like oh look at that, nicely and neatly the loose ends are tied up....

Eh, I take it the opposite. If it is state-sponsored there usually isn't any publicity around it. They just disappear. Realistically we won't know though.

Users who are viewing this thread