Gas Grill Recomendations

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
So I'm looking for a gas grill that doesn't start rusting the moment you take it out of the box. Does such a thing exist without breaking the bank?

What do you have?
How long have you had it?
How has it held up?
Pros, cons

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
certain weber grilles have lifetime warranty on all internals. Get the stainless outer shell and it'll last forever. Minus the electronic ignition but replacement parts for that are cheap. Spend a little more and be set for way down the road

Shop Weber Genesis II E-310 Black 3-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill at Lowes.com{ifdyn:dyn}&k_clickID=22a354c4-ae2b-41b8-bbea-f473648dc61f&msclkid=fff366f0fc0c1e2b68683de55137dbc3

Gr8fulmtnbiker

Established Member
my advice is consider upping your budget a bit...i used to buy $300-400 grills and they blow, based on my experiences. you will get shitty starters, shitty internal parts, shitty grates, etc.

i agree with the weber suggestion...keep in mind that generally speaking you should expect to get about 6 or more years out of a good quality grill with regular useage (all year long). only pay for what you use (lots of grills have add ons that can jack up a price pretty quickly- for example, side burners, rottisseries, etc.). weber tends to have decent warranties too.

and get a good cover if you are keeping it outside- rain, snow, sun, etc. pummels these things.

MFE

Established Member
Whatever your budget is, **** it in the eye. Buy the Weber. They cost 25% more, and you know why? Because they're actually worth 50% more in functionality, reliability, and durability. It took me a long time to learn that lesson and by the time I was done ****ing around with less expensive grills I could have bought a bigger Weber.

Myusername

Established Member
Had a Weber charcoal for 4 years. No rust. Still worked great. Only got rid of it because I was the only one in my family that liked the charcoal taste. I am currently saving for a camp chef flat top grill 600. It comes with a flat top and grill grates

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

mariusvt

Established Member
Get the Weber Genesis linked earlier. It's out of your budget but it will last 3 times longer than anything you can buy under $400. They are expensive because they are worth it. If you're not in a rush Weber has $100 off sales after labor day through November usually.

M91196

Established Member
First Weber in 1994, replaced it last year only because I wanted the all stainless Genesis. Also own their Smokey Mountain and a traditional kettle.

You can get a decent one in the 500 range but I would advise you step it up a notch, you won’t ever regret it.

US Appliance had free delivery and (maybe)no tax, they also wheel and deal a little if you call them. I got small savings on grill but super cheap Weber cover and tools.

I believe Weber has a fixed pricing structure so the deals are smaller and you have to get creative and more likely on the assembly and delivery from the big box guys.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Bought this Weber for $40 on Craigslist and rebuilt it for $300. New stainless grates, stainless flavorizers, cover. That was four years ago. You can't kill them. Same with their charcoal kettles. I gots one 'o dem, too.

2mw6lb7.jpg

2ntd2ki.jpg

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Bought this Weber for $40 on Craigslist and rebuilt it for $300. New stainless grates, stainless flavorizers, cover. That was four years ago. You can't kill them. Same with their charcoal kettles. I gots one 'o dem, too.

View attachment 1492213
View attachment 1492214

My exact grill for 12 years then I went to this Weber a few years ago. Love me some Weber's and its not my yard either...lol.

weber-genesis-e-330-copper-liquid-propane-gas-grill-review-natural.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread