Gas gauge/FPM failure--still occurring after TSB 10-21-3?

phoneman91

Established Member
I just did the first fill up of my gas tank after I saw my gas gauge go from one quarter left to empty in several seconds. I filled the tank and it took only 9.6 gallons!

I found out that there is a Ford TSB on this problem-TSB10-21-3 that was dated 101910 .

My GT was made on 111810-almost a month after the issuance of this TSB. It seems that either Ford built my car with a known defective fuel module/pump FPM or that the replacement FPM fuel module/pumps are defective.:??:

This TSB says to replace the FPM with part number BR3Z-9H307-B .

Has anyone had this FPM replaced for this problem and has the problem recurred?

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2010/...or-2011-mustang-regarding-fuel-pump-problems/

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Sounds like its worth doing. Also just cause your build date says after the date of the tsb does not mean you cars build was started after the tsb. The build date is when the car is completed.

phoneman91

Established Member
Sounds like its worth doing. Also just cause your build date says after the date of the tsb does not mean you cars build was started after the tsb. The build date is when the car is completed.

My"schedule date" was 111010. It is my understanding that the schedule date is before the actual assembly of the Mustang starts. My vehicle's assembly occurred between 11010 and 111810-about one month after the date of the TSB-which is 101910. .

Users who are viewing this thread