Garage floor ideas

dpj99cobra

NC Mustanger
Established Member
Open to recommendations for a garage floor overlay or coating. All cleaned out for insulation and drywall figured I'd consider something while everything's out.

0b465d3e1eb1c438db7afd90fc5839b3.jpg
43de02112415e14803e2174485fd5932.jpg
bb7e5588d0f2f279ec92a6007b866b3e.jpg
f7eda42814f2127d11d6d0ba3c1c3989.jpg

Sent from my VS990 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Four Door SVT

Established Member
I'd put indoor/ outdoor carpet seems how it looks like a living room for a car. I like how you can see in so well , to make sure she's ok

dpj99cobra

NC Mustanger
Established Member
I'd put indoor/ outdoor carpet seems how it looks like a living room for a car. I like how you can see in so well , to make sure she's ok
Thanks. Might've possibly gone overboard with the windows but I do like the brightness and I can see the kids in the yard easily.

Sent from my VS990 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Is the width for one car? I'd do some bright LED fluorescents on the ceiling, maybe a light gray paint on the walls with horizontal stripes down low. And a simple RaceDeck tile on the floor like the photo below. And some nice cabinets. Be sure to do adequate lighting on the ceiling.
upload_2017-5-7_21-5-50.png

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Looks like you already have your lighting. I used Lights Of America 4500 lumins LED 4' shop lights. They are amazingly bright and efficient.

As for the floor, look at metallic epoxy. You can have some amazing effects. I was wanting a floor that kinda looked like water.

You_Doodle_2017-05-04T18_17_18Z_zps4kanjtxp.jpg

You_Doodle_2017-01-16T03_06_09Z_zpsqgmoqfsm.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Google (images) is your friend with this one. You'll find lots of ideas in a search result.

Four Door SVT

Established Member
Looks like you already have your lighting. I used Lights Of America 4500 lumins LED 4' shop lights. They are amazingly bright and efficient.

As for the floor, look at metallic epoxy. You can have some amazing effects. I was wanting a floor that kinda looked like water.

That's a show room floor, he asked about a garage floor, very nice tho thanks for sharing

WildFifty

Established Member
I considered using the RaceDeck flooring too. But realized its a pain to use with floor jacks and jackstands. The tiles get damaged and get in the way. I think im going to down the epoxy route.

dpj99cobra

NC Mustanger
Established Member
I considered using the RaceDeck flooring too. But realized its a pain to use with floor jacks and jackstands. The tiles get damaged and get in the way. I think im going to down the epoxy route.

I did wonder how the tile flooring would hold up. How do they get in the way?

I recently got a set of Quickjacks that are great but a concern would be how the tiles would hold up underneath them. Could be a moot point since the floors have pretty high weight ratings and they are sold as garage floors. Seems they'd be designed with lifting in mind.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Man that Cobra looks so fine...
I'm going with Racedeck. I saw a demo with a full size truck on jackstands, no problems. If you were worried, a simple piece of plywood under the jack stand would be easy.
Epoxy floors look nice but I've seen too many fail in time. And then you have a big ole mess.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Epoxy for sure. Just make sure you get UV friendly materials; dont skimp on that. You dont want to get that yellowish look after a season.

WildFifty

Established Member
I did wonder how the tile flooring would hold up. How do they get in the way?

I recently got a set of Quickjacks that are great but a concern would be how the tiles would hold up underneath them. Could be a moot point since the floors have pretty high weight ratings and they are sold as garage floors. Seems they'd be designed with lifting in mind.

I've seen reviews and videos on youtube of user complaining about the tiles getting curshed by jacks and jackstands. Specially the free flow tiles. It sounds like you wont be using floor jacks but if you did, it would be pretty anoying to drag the floor jack on the tiles. The jack would also not have free movement to be able to adjust while lifting. My other concern is that fluids could build up beneath the tiles. You would have to remove them in order to clean underneath.

Also, could you imagine laying on the floor Cobrabob pictured above? Looks painfull.

Last edited:

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member

The garagemahal! Holy shit Goose, you get a golf clap not only for the collection, but for their bedroom as well. BEAUTIFUL!

sdleo26

Established Member

That looks absolutely ****ing incredible

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
The garagemahal! Holy shit Goose, you get a golf clap not only for the collection, but for their bedroom as well. BEAUTIFUL!

Funny. My wife calls the garage: "The Taj!"

OP, look into metallic epoxy. There are some neat floors you can have done. The floor totally changed the look of my garage.

dpj99cobra

NC Mustanger
Established Member
Man that Cobra looks so fine...

Thanks, I'm trying. Pulled the tint off as it was starting to peel. Otherwise it's about like I got it from you:), more less. Put on a few more miles than you did for sure.

I'm going to look at the Racedeck floor but am not sure if I'll try to spend the money now or wait. Got to see some quotes.

Users who are viewing this thread