Garage Clearance

BlackOutUT

Established Member
I need some opinions here. Has anyone ever hit there truck on the ceiling of a parking garage after clearing the bar at the entrance?

I'm about to purchase an f250, but I'm really nervous about my current parking garage. According to the bar I have room. But in my current f150 there are spot that look like they come really close.

Does anyone know if the property would pay for damage if you happen to clear the entrance bar and still hit somewhere?

YJSONLY

Established Member
They would probably make the argument that it was your fault and you didn't clear the entrance. How close are you talking????

SNAKEBITT3N01

Established Member
Yea if there's a height posted on the bar I'm sure they'd argue til the end. I say get a tape measure and take measurements from 5-6 different low points. Good luck!

BlackOutUT

Established Member
Current clearance on an f250 for this particular garage is about 6in. :/ yikes. I'm actually more worried about entering other garages. I can't get out a tape measure every time I need to park.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I'm really close to hitting in my parking garage at work. I had to take my wife with me when we got the Raptor to have her watch to make sure I clear everything. There's some low hanging EXIT signs I will hit if I'm not careful.

JBird_Cobra

Established Member
Not sure if it's any help but the apartment complex/parking garage I'm building at work must maintain a 7'-0" ceiling per code... just a little info.

mr 347

Established Member
I was in Lake Tahoe, and my f350 with a shell made it under the bar, but as I was turning to go up, my shell scraped. I had to back out LOL. It was an old shell, and the damage was minor, so I did not say anything.

BlackOutUT

Established Member
I was in Lake Tahoe, and my f350 with a shell made it under the bar, but as I was turning to go up, my shell scraped. I had to back out LOL. It was an old shell, and the damage was minor, so I did not say anything.

Holy shit lol. This is what I'm afraid of! I don't want my truck getting messed up.

pdm

Established Member
I've never had this happen, but you have to be careful when heading up a ramp because the middle will be more than X distance above the floor at that point.

I did have a gate close on my truck once. In a lifted truck, the sensors aren't high enough to see anything except the tires. As soon as the front tires cleared, the gate came down and hit the bed just behind the cab.

Users who are viewing this thread