Gaming Glasses

SMOKINGCOBRA

Established Member
I was wondering if buying into the gaming glasses hype is worth it. I know after looking at the screen for a while your eyes get strained but these are supposed to reduce eye strain, glare, and have a slight magnification.

Does it matter between what types of games you play? For instance does a pair of glasses work better for FPS games as opposed to RPG or RTS games?

I play quite a bit of each genre so a more rounded piece would be good if there are glasses made specifically for certain game types.

I do not have any particular piece in mind but maybe someone who uses them could give me some input.

Steve@BAS

Established Member
I have a set, I don't know if actually helped or all in mind. They offer a small level of magnification as well. I did notice less eye fatigue, but again, for all I know it's all in my mind. I have two huge monitors at work, and they were angled on the corner of my L desk. I eventually put them side by side, straight, no curve, so not all in my peripheral vision and that was the ultimate solution.

On sale here : http://www.woot.com/plus/gunnar-optiks-gaming-computer-eyewear-1

Edit : I only have 1 set, so not sure about different sets for different gaming, I got just for eye fatigue. I doubt different ones do more than just look different.

Last edited:

SMOKINGCOBRA

Established Member
I have a set, I don't know if actually helped or all in mind. They offer a small level of magnification as well. I did notice less eye fatigue, but again, for all I know it's all in my mind. I have two huge monitors at work, and they were angled on the corner of my L desk. I eventually put them side by side, straight, no curve, so not all in my peripheral vision and that was the ultimate solution.

On sale here : http://www.woot.com/plus/gunnar-optiks-gaming-computer-eyewear-1

Edit : I only have 1 set, so not sure about different sets for different gaming, I got just for eye fatigue. I doubt different ones do more than just look different.

Haha this is the whole reason I made this thread is because I seen these on Woot and seems to be a good deal.

Is this the brand you are using?

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
That's also where I bought my Gunnar glasses (Rocket Adv). I sit in front of two computer screens all day and my eyes would get fatigued easily. Noticed a co-worker wearing some amber looking glasses and come to find out they were Gunnar glasses. He swore up and down how great they were, so I made the jump ($35!!!). My eyes are no longer tired and I would recommend them 100%.

If you are not in a hurry, it seems every month or two Gunnar glasses show up on Woot and you can have a better pick if you can wait.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member

x-x-everywhere-meme-generator-nerds-nerds-everywhere-3ffe3e.jpg

Last edited:

WhiteFaleen2001

Established Member
I recommend gunnar optiks. I had a set when I played a lot in college. Now I use them in my office at work since I am on the computer all day long.

SMOKINGCOBRA

Established Member
I recommend gunnar optiks. I had a set when I played a lot in college. Now I use them in my office at work since I am on the computer all day long.

I was only thinking about using them for gaming purposes and never thought about using them for work. I work Comm for the military and sit in front of 2 computer screens everyday myself. I am going to order one of the pairs off of Woot and try them out at work as well.

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
I think my wife would slap my face if she saw me wearing gaming glasses, and she puts up with my WoW schedule.

Catfood

Established Member
I wear the Gunnar glasses as well, they help when I game for hours in the dark.

It's no nerdier to wear gaming glasses than it is for LeMans drivers to wear the Tag Heur driving glasses. I have a pair of those as well and they work great to reduce oncoming headlight glare.

What's stupid about wanting to protect my eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread