GALPIN HELP

jonas

Established Member
Who is the cool dude (service writer I believe) at galpin who I can talk to about warrantee issues. i have a couple boltons I really dont want to loose.

TIA

jonas

Established Member
just wanna have em check for the tick real quick just in case I also was sold on the maintenence plan so Ill bring 6 quarts of mobile one and change my oil

jonas

Established Member
ok
just want em to look at a bit of oil I found near the pumpkin and chekc for the tick. my cars build date is 11 02 but my drivers head has a blue stripe so I'm confused. Ill get the oil changed as well. If they give my any shit about the tb im cancelling my maintenece agreement.

maoun

Established Member
they won't give you shit about it....don't worry

keep me posted...call me if you have trouble or anythin

m.

jonas

Established Member
dropped of the car with angel
very cool, told me alot of things

mentioned a black box that records your highest rpm and mph so he can tell if the car was chipped or predatored. tells me he cant wait to see someone try to slide the car through whne the pred comes out and sees 175 mph or 7k rpm in the black box

maoun

Established Member
it's true that it records it, but ask the ACLU about them trying to use it....highly illegal.

m.

Road Racin'

Termanata' Killa'
Established Member
yeah the boxes datalog that last xxx time of history. I had a buddy misshift a new '01 M3 and it shot the R's up and dropped a valve into the cylinder. OUCH!!! He claimed it under warranty. They pulled the history out of the box and found out he did it. More then 5K later out of his pocket he got the car back. The dealers aren't as stupid as some think(except for the service writers, they can be stupid).

jonas

Established Member
well angel gave me a call and it turned out that i did have a leak in my pumpkin, good thing they caught it. They didnt even flinch when they saw my mods. angel just said basically my maf warantee is voided now and any idle issues with the tb

cobra101

Established Member
So after reading these posts, should one talk to angel or marc croft over their at galpin? I hear from this thread they are both cool. Maybe I will talk with Angel since jonas seemed to have such success.

Jonas, did your head swap get completed yet? how was galpin with your head swap and/or TOB issues?

thanks for any info

Ps. I am stock except for the CAI, so I guess my warranty on the MAF and idling issues is gone as well. No problem she idles and runs great.

jonas

Established Member
most writers dont know a 01 from 03 cobra. when i had my boost guage break with my car being a old the guy called it th eturbo boost guage to give you an idea of their mechanical incompetence.

Both angel and marc are "car guys" so no matter what the problem is, you will be taken care of.

My car didnt need the head swap. I just wanted to be sure it wasnt there and angel told me very assuringly that I dont have it. I did a pully and chip shortly thereafter and wanted to be sure everything was green before I venture into the warantee voiding zone.

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
Galpin

I'm glad you men had good experiences at Galpin. I bought my car there...however, I will never go back there. I went there to have chromies installed and they lost....yes...lost my car! I was so freakin upset that by the time they found my car 4 hours later that I left and did not keep the take off wheels for $275. I came to my wits the next day and called for my wheels..."too late".

I would buy another car from them...but never service.

InS0mNiAc

Just call me Lucifer
Established Member
I have a meetin on tuesday morning about some suspension issues and fog light issues with the customer relations person, think her name is Kathy something. Galpin has one more chance to fix my alignment correctly before I'm requestin that they put a brand new one in, great dealership but there service definitely lacks in some areas!

Venomous Mofo

Bry, stop screwing around with them and go see Alex at his dealership. It doesnt get any more mod friendly then there. I mean, i came in with all of my mods and they looked the other way and gave me brand new 03 heads without issue.:beer:

InS0mNiAc

Just call me Lucifer
Established Member
Sunrise Ford I believe, thanks Kevin and if Galpin doesn't deliver I'm not even going to discuss it with them before I take my business elsewhere, like over to Alex.

Users who are viewing this thread