FYI: Dont leave your pads in a bucket filled with cleaner

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
For longer than a week or so.

I use that Snappy-Clean stuff to clean all my pads right. So I stick a pack, fill the bucket with water, soak them all and then leave them sit for a few days.

I let them sit for a few months. And by a few months, I mean like since, oh, June-ish.

Finally dumped the bucket today, smelled like rotten fish, that was my first sign that something was bad. Grabbed the first pad (orange) and it just dissolved in my fingers. Grabbed the next red one, the backing pad tore right off the foam disc like it was tearing off wet tape from cotton.

fuuuu-rage-guy1.png

Thats gonna be an expensive lesson to learn, had about 20 pads in that bucket.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
I only use Dawn and hot water. I learned the hard way with that Snappy stuff also

Danny281

Established Member
That must suck 20 pads is quite a bit of $ to lose in pads. Try out the Uber or Buff and Shine pads for replacements, they are some of the best as well as the Hydrotech Flats which are low profile pads;) I use Zep Citrus at 3:1 and Dawn to clean my pads I wash them after every correction then squeeze out the excess water and let them air dry indoors. Then I store them away in a Mothers polishing bag that was sent to me from Mothers Polishes that I use only for pad storage.

http://www.detailersdomain.com/5-Pack-Uber-Foam-Pad-55-inch_p_297.html

Buff & Shine 5.5" 6-Pack Special

Lake Country 5.5" Hydro-Tech 6 Pack Special

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
I actually broke down and bought one of the "Pad Washer" machines.

They really do work well. And now I don't leave pads lying around after polishing a car. And they come out almost completely dry too.

eddyroxx

Established Member
i spray pad cleaner as soon as im done then take all the pads and just scrub them under running water then let them air dry

Users who are viewing this thread