Fx4 ecoboost 3.55 or 3.73

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
youll have no issue smoking the tires either way

i ended up w/ 3.73s for the tow rating

americansteel

Banned
2013 F150 XLT 5.0 373 E-locker, the 355 will get slightly better mileage. but for towing and off the line performance 373 all the way.
my friend has a 5.0 with the 410 package, what a joke.
although im not really happy with my 5.0 too high strung for a truck motor. and towing a 9400lbs boat really shows the 5.0 lacks low end torque unlike my older 5.4l 3V.

Rone

4.10's are also an option with the ecoboost with the max tow package, I have them in mine.

I'm thinking of ordering this setup myself, I want to know if the 4.10 gear will actually result in a faster launch, 60 ft, 0-60 time. Lots of guys arguing the taller gears are better for turbo engines. I can see how a slightly taller gear may be better for long runs like the 1/4 mile but I'm mostly interested in fastest launch. Don't care about mpg's or towing at all. I imagine it's at least more fun to drive.

Rone

2013 F150 XLT 5.0 373 E-locker, the 355 will get slightly better mileage. but for towing and off the line performance 373 all the way.
my friend has a 5.0 with the 410 package, what a joke.
although im not really happy with my 5.0 too high strung for a truck motor. and towing a 9400lbs boat really shows the 5.0 lacks low end torque unlike my older 5.4l 3V.

Just curious what you mean when you say "what a joke". Elaborate, I'm thinking of buying a 4.10 geared ecoboost fx4 and looking for opinions. I'm looking for fastest off the line performance (for a heavy beast of a stock Screw truck anyway lol) don't care about mpg's or towing.

Rone

Well I decided on a '13 fx4 blue flame w/ appearance package and 3.55 axle. Should have it by end of next week. Yay!

What made you decide on the 3.55 axle, did you find out it has a faster 0-60 or something else influenced your decision?

redman02

Established Member
What made you decide on the 3.55 axle, did you find out it has a faster 0-60 or something else influenced your decision?

The reason I got this truck is because we wanted a blue flame fx4 w/ appearance package and they had one in my home town. Only thing was it had the 3.55 gears.....they gave us a decent deal and we didn't have to wait months and pay more for a '14

Rone

I am finding it's hard to find the exact combo I'm looking for as well without ordering it straight out from the factory (and paying much more). All of the cool ones seem to be gone around here (Chicago). Anyway good deal, sounds like you're a happy camper.

Users who are viewing this thread