Fusion Sport

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
They have terrible resale from what I've seen locally.
Shame. They had the right idea but piss poor execution.
The Tremor of the Fusions.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member

T56LS102

Established Member
I would almost say its a much better way to go rather than a Focus RS (I know , apples / oranges) but with those discounts, if I was looking for a AWD turbo 4 door, that would be the winner, I would imagine much less to insure too.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I love everthing about my fusion titanium...except the resale value

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
I have a 17 sport for my daily. It’s super quiet and the ride is perfect. Thing highways so nice. I went 13.1 at 104mph. Lots of tq but runs out of steam imo around 100ish. Do
not expect bmw or Audi handing. It’s a sedan that is a good daily All arounder with above average mainstream sedan power.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Those are killer deals on those sports. The fusion is a great DD. Not many cars in it price range can come close to over all comfort ane features.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
What are used ones going for?

I saw a 17 with 3k miles. Had nav. It was down to 19k before it disappeared from the lot.

Earlier this year around april. Was on the lot since January.

Definitely seems like a good buy, lightly used.

03reptile

Established Member
Fusions are decent cars. I've got a 2010 Fusion with the six speed manual and I-4 engine. 78K on the clock. It's been bullet proof for almost nine years. I'd get another, but the manual is no longer available and the automatics just make it another rental car.

Stanger00

Established Member
Would make a great DD.

It is surprising how bad the depreciation is on fusions. Before my wife and I got pregnant I was looking at 2015-2016 Fusion energi Titaniums and after searching I got super picky about the price for 30-40k miles at $15-$16 grand. Wouldn't pay a penny more. This was last year I was looking. I ended up getting my wife's old car and she got a SUV.

Fusion sport would be lots of fun. Too bad those were in the high 20's at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
12's with a tune should be easily attainable. Wonder what a set of turbos and downpipes would do....

T56LS102

Established Member
So I was board and bit last night, I stopped by the Ford of Montebello and test drove the lighting blue one (the one in the 2nd link), first off, this was a ruff condition new car, extremely dirty, tires were low, had a few surface scratches and the battery was completely dead so they pulled the jump pack out to get it started. pulled it into service to air up the tires (not too low, they were at 28 / 29 psi so they brought up to 38psi all around) talked to the sales manager and he said it was on there show room floor from Feb 2017 - Dec 2017 then they had it parked on the lot since.

I took the car out, I was actually shocked at how low on power the car was, I had a 2015 2.7 F150 and it pulled much harder, not sure if the Fusion sport is hammered down with a lot of torque management or if it was that it had a dead batt, sitting for so long that it is going through its "relearn" process, then again, I wasn't dogging the car either, but wasn't very impressed at all with the "get up and go". Car was loaded just no sunroof, even had rear seat belt airbags and park asst. Over all looks like it would make a very comfortable solid DD.

SHOdown220

Established Member
So I was board and bit last night, I stopped by the Ford of Montebello and test drove the lighting blue one (the one in the 2nd link), first off, this was a ruff condition new car, extremely dirty, tires were low, had a few surface scratches and the battery was completely dead so they pulled the jump pack out to get it started. pulled it into service to air up the tires (not too low, they were at 28 / 29 psi so they brought up to 38psi all around) talked to the sales manager and he said it was on there show room floor from Feb 2017 - Dec 2017 then they had it parked on the lot since.

I took the car out, I was actually shocked at how low on power the car was, I had a 2015 2.7 F150 and it pulled much harder, not sure if the Fusion sport is hammered down with a lot of torque management or if it was that it had a dead batt, sitting for so long that it is going through its "relearn" process, then again, I wasn't dogging the car either, but wasn't very impressed at all with the "get up and go". Car was loaded just no sunroof, even had rear seat belt airbags and park asst. Over all looks like it would make a very comfortable solid DD.

I haven't driven one so I can't really speak of the power but if its anything like my ST you have to floor it to get full power/boost. You can give it lots of throttle like 85-90% and it will still feel like you are giving it 40-50%, then that last little bit will spike the boost up and take off. Not sure why they programmed it that way but I'm used to it now. The dead battery could have something to do with it too, dead batteries in the newer cars can cause all sorts of weird stuff to happen and takes awhile to get itself cleared back up and running right.

Users who are viewing this thread