Further on the kooks header thread need advice

Robot_trainer

Established Member
So Im thinking of going headers on the 2013. This is a street only car. It has 3.73 gears, cold air and throttle body. Of the three choices, 1-3/4, 1-7/8, and 2" (2 inch is out) so really two choices, which is the better choice for street. X pipe or H pipe?. Do these systems line up with the oem intermediate pipes?

Lastly, the local Mustang shop that Im going to have do the job carries Kooks and Stainless Works. Which one of these two do you recommend? Or do I buy the American Racing kit and get them to install those?

Thanks!

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
They are all good brands. Unless you're going over 1k hp no need for the 2". X is generally a little raspier, the H is a deeper tone. Hit me up if i can help you with anything.

boduke0220

Established Member
i think the H sounds perfect with stock mufflers.

I got the X to eventually pair with a Corsa quad tip axleback

Robot_trainer

Established Member
They are all good brands. Unless you're going over 1k hp no need for the 2". X is generally a little raspier, the H is a deeper tone. Hit me up if i can help you with anything.
Thanks beefcake! I have it narrowed down to Kooks 11422200 headers. Where im note sure is the cat system. I want to run something to keep the environment police happy. My two choices are the H pipe version hi flow cats or the green cats (11423300 for the green 11423500 hi flow). My understanding is you are more likely to thow a code on the rear 02 sensors because the high flows let more stuff through usually corrected with a tune and/or 02 restrictors. The car is not raced. Rarely sees over 5000 rpm. It comes down to what gives less grief. Any advice?

99VERT

Established Member
1-7/8 on mine with an off road X-pipe! Amazing sound and really frees up the exhaust. My boost dropped 1.5-2.0 psi after the install and HP jumped to over 700RWHP!

boduke0220

Established Member
BBBDD131-3ECA-4650-81F7-2D55D9175EA0.png

Users who are viewing this thread