Fun with the gold-plating machine

mustang196718

Snake#796,The Rice Killer
Established Member
so my friend has a plating machine and offered to gold-plate some pieces on my handgun. for now i had him do the entire trigger and assembly, tear-down pins, and slide catch. i think it turned out pretty good and i like having something different. i'm thinking about having him do the safety, mag release, and grip screws as well. anyways, here's the picture, and the gold plating is real 24karat gold:coolman: .
2263webkr8.jpg

Antagon

Established Member
Haha, looks good, just don't go crazy with it.

I have an extra set of Hogue grips for the 92 if you need it.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
LOL. I had to take a second glance as well. I thought it was a Berratta for a second as well. It looks a lot like mine. I painted over my serial number with paint shop, it isn't grinded down :).

beretta.jpg

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I would like to have my whole pistol plated in gold. But then I doubt that I would be taken seriously. I would probably just look like a gay pimp.

Lightmare

Banned
HISSMAN said:
I would like to have my whole pistol plated in gold. But then I doubt that I would be taken seriously. I would probably just look like a gay pimp.

Nah, I don't think so. Remember Castor Troy from Face-off with those two gold Colts(i think). Those things were freaking badass. :coolman:

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
HISSMAN said:

Gay pimp is right...That gold does not look good.

MikeW

Established Member
HISSMAN said:

:lol: BOND week has gotten teh best of you... Stop watching goldfinger everytime it comes on and teh urge may pass.

04orangecobra

Established Member
HISSMAN said:
LOL. I had to take a second glance as well. I thought it was a Berratta for a second as well. It looks a lot like mine. I painted over my serial number with paint shop, it isn't grinded down :).

Sure you did Hissman :-D J/K.. I am not digging the gold myself too much IMO.. Its your pistol so have at it and enjoy.

Antagon

Established Member
Powershift03 said:
Took a second look. I thought your Taurus was a Beretta at first. Looks a lot like my pistol.. (not color wise, obviously)

Touche :cuss: haha

TheJeanyus

Established Member
Lightmare said:
Nah, I don't think so. Remember Castor Troy from Face-off with those two gold Colts(i think). Those things were freaking badass. :coolman:
I believe they were ported Springfields, but it's been a while since I've seen the movie.

Also, the Taurus above is virtually identical to a Beretta 92/96. The same grips and most accessories will fit on both.

Users who are viewing this thread