Fun SUV

08mojo

Established Member
I absolutely love the white. Honestly more than likely at some point in the future I want a white track hawk with black wheels and blue calipers. something about that truck in that combo looks incredible.

Agreed, although I'm a bit partial to white cars--our past 7 cars have been white. Sure it's boring to some, but white with black accents just does it for me. I've had one black car, and it was a constant challenge to keep it looking clean and swirl free. But man, black paint is so rewarding when it's kept up...I just don't have the time or will any longer.

The SRT was the white pearl color--it was truly awesome in the sun!

08mojo

Established Member
If Ford had done the 2020 Edge ST properly, with actual "ST Grade" performance and features, I'd recommend it for your wife. I absolutely loved my 2016 Ford Edge Sport day to day. Perfect size for us as I didn't want 3rd row seating. Performance wise, though, even with a mild tune, it was boring. And the 6-speed auto sucked! Was slipping like crazy when I gave it back to Ford (it was leased). REALLY bad. The next transmission is awesome, though. I test drove one last year and was impressed. With the transmission, that is, NOT with the performance and seats.

Good to know! The Edge ST is on our list, but they are just a bit boring to me. Nice cars for sure, but I know we'd grow tired quickly. It's really a shame, as we have access to ford employee pricing. I know the ST line could be a lot more fun with a tune, but as a daily (and especially the wife's car) I have no desire to add a tune.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Agreed, although I'm a bit partial to white cars--our past 7 cars have been white. Sure it's boring to some, but white with black accents just does it for me. I've had one black car, and it was a constant challenge to keep it looking clean and swirl free. But man, black paint is so rewarding when it's kept up...I just don't have the time or will any longer.

The SRT was the white pearl color--it was truly awesome in the sun!

Oh I know all about black cars. My new truck is black and where I work it gets dirty everyday but the car wash is destroying my paint because it's still way too cold for me to wash by hand yet.

Jibber

Kevin
Established Member
Ditch the SUV idea.
Get the CTS-V wagon..... maybe a tad over the budget...... but who cares.
Screenshot_20200228-110806_Chrome.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Massie02GT

Established Member
So just to update this - I made a purchase.

I drove:
Jeep
CTS-V
Multiple Tacoma’s
Harley Davidson F150

In the end, I just couldn’t shake my truck roots. I ended up buying the 03 Harley F150. The supercharged 5.4 helped persuade me a bit. Felt like I got a good mix of fun and practical, while retaining the ability to tow if needed.

However - it needs some love. Anyone know where to source parts for these things? Doesn’t seem like many places still carry parts.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
You've basically got a 2nd gen Lightning (running ~2 less lbs of boost, 6lbs if stock, Lightning made 8) I'd look and see if the crank pulley is caged. If not you are probably making more boost and you'll want to make sure the tune is perfect. They do not have functioning knock sensors, so good tune and good fuel is a must.
Start reading up on the 2nd gen Lightning, in it's sub forum.

Massie02GT

Established Member
You've basically got a 2nd gen Lightning (running ~2 less lbs of boost, 6lbs if stock, Lightning made 8) I'd look and see if the crank pulley is caged. If not you are probably making more boost and you'll want to make sure the tune is perfect. They do not have functioning knock sensors, so good tune and good fuel is a must.
Start reading up on the 2nd gen Lightning, in it's sub forum.

I’ll check that pulley once I pick the truck up Monday. The seller is having the tires balanced, having the truck detailed, etc.

Thanks for the info!

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
So just to update this - I made a purchase.

I drove:
Jeep
CTS-V
Multiple Tacoma’s
Harley Davidson F150

In the end, I just couldn’t shake my truck roots. I ended up buying the 03 Harley F150. The supercharged 5.4 helped persuade me a bit. Felt like I got a good mix of fun and practical, while retaining the ability to tow if needed.

However - it needs some love. Anyone know where to source parts for these things? Doesn’t seem like many places still carry parts.

What parts are you looking for? Body, mechanical, interior? I liked those trucks a lot. LMR popped in my head, but they only do Lightnings, but maybe some parts are the "same" if talking about engine/trans etc.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Check out Wicked Stangs if they are still around. Ran with them when I was stationed there. -Shane

Users who are viewing this thread