Fun night out at SIR here in Tucson...

AzDropTop

Established Member
Some great cars out tonight! Met up with Chris H from New Mexico and Frank from here in town. There were a couple of other 03's out and 1 or 2 01's. Chris and I didn't run, just enjoyed the show.

Frank's KB ran a very nice 12.3 at 3200 feet! I recorded the run with my digi cam but it didn't record? :bash:

Click HERE for a Video of Franks 03...

RedFire2003

Established Member
THE 12.3 WAS AT 118MPH GREAT VID THANKS FOR HOSTING IT i MISSED 3RD AND WENT TO 4TH ON THAT RUN ON VIDEO. WHICH IS THE REASON FOR THE LOW MPH :)

AzDropTop

Established Member
Originally posted by RedFire2003
THE 12.3 WAS AT 118MPH GREAT VID THANKS FOR HOSTING IT i MISSED 3RD AND WENT TO 4TH ON THAT RUN ON VIDEO. WHICH IS THE REASON FOR THE LOW MPH :)

Sorry the 12.3 didn't come out Frank. 118mph! Nice.

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
It was definately a great day! Got my baby back, and got to go to the races! Thanks again for your guy's hospitality! My wife and I are still talking about coming out for the car show on the 15th. I won't be bringing the Cobra if my wife and son come with. If I go alone, then I'll bring it.
After the runs I had yesterday at our local track, I should have run it that night in Tucson! May have broke into the 12's!

Frank, how did your drifting turn out Friday night?

AzDropTop

Established Member
Originally posted by 03soniccobra01
I am so pissed I missed it!!!!!
I WILL meet up with you guys some day!!!!

Did you get your car yet? I dropped mine off today for the body work and they said maybe ready by Thursday. I doubt it. Are you going to the Pavilion show on the 15th?

Originally posted by AzDropTop
Did you get your car yet? I dropped mine off today for the body work and they said maybe ready by Thursday. I doubt it. Are you going to the Pavilion show on the 15th?

Where is it?
What pavillion??

AzDropTop

Established Member
Originally posted by 03soniccobra01
Where is it?
What pavillion??

It is up in Phoenix, not sure exactly where. There are about 8 or 9 cars heading that way around noon on the 15th. Not sure where we are meeting yet, but if you are interested in going up with us let me know by email.
rick

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Rick, doesn't look like I will make it there this weekend. I was planning on coming, but then found out there is a dyno day up in Albuquerque. I figured I needed to get up there and make a few pulls. The local shop here doesn't do just 3 pulls. You have to rent it for the hour. I will call them tomorrow to see if they have anything for just 2-3 pulls. If they do, I will dyno here, and still come to Tucson with you guys and then head to Phx with you. If not, then I am heading to Albq. the last weekend of this month for the dyno day. Either way, I will let you know for sure.

Chris

AzDropTop

Established Member
Originally posted by Chris_H
Rick, doesn't look like I will make it there this weekend. I was planning on coming, but then found out there is a dyno day up in Albuquerque. I figured I needed to get up there and make a few pulls. The local shop here doesn't do just 3 pulls. You have to rent it for the hour. I will call them tomorrow to see if they have anything for just 2-3 pulls. If they do, I will dyno here, and still come to Tucson with you guys and then head to Phx with you. If not, then I am heading to Albq. the last weekend of this month for the dyno day. Either way, I will let you know for sure.

Chris

Chris,
Sounds good. Just let me know if you are coming so I can tell you where we are all meeting. Hows the tranny?

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Everything is doing pretty good on the car. I still have some clunking in the rear end, but I am just going to chalk that up as normal unless it gets worse. They replaced the ring & pinion and it still does it. Ohh well. Not having a vibe on the highway rocks! :rockon: I can actually run 85-90 on the interstate and not worry about my car falling apart!

Chris

AzDropTop

Established Member
Originally posted by Chris_H
Everything is doing pretty good on the car. I still have some clunking in the rear end, but I am just going to chalk that up as normal unless it gets worse. They replaced the ring & pinion and it still does it. Ohh well. Not having a vibe on the highway rocks! :rockon: I can actually run 85-90 on the interstate and not worry about my car falling apart!

Chris

Cool. I hate my highway vide and I don't even have gears yet. Must get Alluminum DS soon....:) Now, to just convince the wife that I "need" it. ha ha. I could try a guilt trip since she smashed my bumper....:p

Users who are viewing this thread