Full Tilt Boogie

2K3-COBRA

Established Member
I have a brand new kit with a couple extras sitting around along with a complete low mile IRS. Anyone have experience with this kit? Is it really worth the time and money to install? Cant decide if I wanna use it or sell it.

This is the kit I have: FT 5001, FT 1350M and FT1860 bumpsteer kit

Last edited:

blownfox

Established Member
I installed the FTBR kit that you have and it was well worth like slo984now said. That was the first big mod I did to my car.

52merc

Established Member
Just did mine this summer, the basic FT5000 kit plus their new torque bracket as the 01 didn't have these from the factory. Haven't driven it enough yet to really know how much better it corners, but before I spent all that money, and took all the time involved in installing the kit, I did a fair amount of research. The kit components are top quality and everything is greaseable afterwards.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
First few drives after it felt completely different. Felt more stuck to the ground, and wheel hop was significantly reduced. However, after having the kit for two years. I don't notice anything, I guess I'm just used to it now.

KyleSVT

Terminated
Established Member
1000% Install it. Best mod for my car to date. I have a bunch of video reviews on my channel of the kit if you want to check it out. KyleSVT

808Matt

Established Member
Definitely a worthy upgrade, huge difference in how the car handles, launches, and overall drivability.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
Put it in. Well worth 5 hours of time.

I’m putting down 1070whp with a drag radial, IRS and t56. Not breaking any records, but very fun street car.

The rear end looked very healthy when it put 1200whp down on the dyno. Not much twisting or squatting unlike stock parts.

I’ve been in stock suspension cars that haven’t put 500whp down anything close to how this is planting double that.

On my 800whp street tune, I can wot 2nd gear. Turbo car with 3.73’s and 26.5” tall rear tires. (Should spin for years, doesn’t)

hgarciajr

I have a brand new kit with a couple extras sitting around along with a complete low mile IRS. Anyone have experience with this kit? Is it really worth the time and money to install? Cant decide if I wanna use it or sell it.

This is the kit I have: FT 5001, FT 1350M and FT1860 bumpsteer kit

I've been doing my research on this between Maximum Motorsports and Full Tilt Boogie Racing. It seems that opinions have gone more towards FTBR. Are you installing it or selling?

Users who are viewing this thread