Full Eaton Swap or Marauder Swap Brackets?

jon_0_3

Established Member
Hey everyone trying to plan out my next steps in my build. Looking to go supercharger and I want to go positive displacement supercharger. Not turbo or centrifugal so no interested in any comments on that. Wondering if life would be easier going full eaton swap or using the marauder swap brackets. Which install, trouble shooting, and down the road SC upgrades would be easiest and cleanest. This is not on my daily driver so I would have all winter to work on this so time is not an issue. Thanks for any input you have.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
It seems to be getting more difficult to find a full eaton swap. IMO it'll come down to whatever you can find first. There used to be a list of everyone part needed and it was pretty extensive. The Marauder brackets will probably be easier. Between the two I'd rather go full swap. But that's just me.

You could also keep an eye out for an use Kenne Belle 2.1 kit.

jon_0_3

Established Member
The 2.1 kb is like finding the holygrail right now. I have found both a full kit and the brackets. Part of me says do it right amd get the full swap. The brackets make everything look so much simpler.

decipha

Established Member
theres no reason not to just swap the full cobra setup on it. The marauder swap brackets is due to the alternator and timing cover issues on the marauder chassis where as thats not a problem on a mustang.

The marauder swap brackets are nice though since the alternator isn't part of the blower belt but its not really a big deal.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I picked the full Eaton swap because it's engineered by Ford so I expect better reliability and parts in the future should be easier to come by. Also upgrades are readily available.

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
theres no reason not to just swap the full cobra setup on it. The marauder swap brackets is due to the alternator and timing cover issues on the marauder chassis where as thats not a problem on a mustang.

The marauder swap brackets are nice though since the alternator isn't part of the blower belt but its not really a big deal.

Super easy to do a belt and pulley swap in 10 minutes as well with the brackets.

Users who are viewing this thread