Full desktop view on mobil phone / iphone

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Any idea on when we will be able to have full desktop view on mobile devices / iphones?

Sick and tired of not having full view, nor being able to see pictures (most of the time). Have to refresh the page 4-5 times to maybe get to see some pictures.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I used the desktop site on mobile all the time. I haven't noticed an issue with it other than a banner not displaying correctly. Post a link to a thread where you hare having the pic issue because I haven't noticed it.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I used the desktop site on mobile all the time. I haven't noticed an issue with it other than a banner not displaying correctly. Post a link to a thread where you hare having the pic issue because I haven't noticed it.

Morning Sid,

Did you mean "I used" or "I use", becaused I used to use full desktop version on my iphone all the time without issues but ever since the "upgrade" Im stuck on "mobile" type view and unable to change it.

Beaides that, another issue is that most of the time when I open a thread, I am unable to view pics posted.... if I refresh the page enough, it seems to eventually work... maybe....

Here is an example, where the thread doesnt always show the photos posted... http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/2014-porsche-gt3.1129670/

Currently, is there a way to view the site in full destop/browser view?

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
I " use " the desktop view on my mobile devices , Galaxy 6 edge and kindle fire , no problems .
Tho site does seem to run a little slow at times .

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I " use " the desktop view on my mobile devices , Galaxy 6 edge and kindle fire , no problems .
Tho site does seem to run a little slow at times .

Could you please post a pic / screen shot of what your desktop view looks like.... ?

This is what I see when I hold my phone vertical and horizontal..

Attachments

• IMG_6280.PNG
    IMG_6280.PNG
    195 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_6279.PNG
    IMG_6279.PNG
    169.1 KB · Views: 104

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
Not Tec savey enough to figure out how to capture screen shot , but my screen looks the same basically , but with pictures and adds on the right side if screen .
If you wanted to teach this dog a new trick , and pm me with instructions , I will do my best .

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Like this ?

Dont see anything... lol

But if you say that your full browser looks basically like the screen shots I post it, you might not be on desktop view after all... not sure...

I know full desktop view should look like this...

Attachments

• IMG_6281.PNG
    IMG_6281.PNG
    235.6 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_6282.PNG
    IMG_6282.PNG
    416.2 KB · Views: 86

Zemedici

Established Member
Z I've got the same issue loading pictures from my phone : ie it doesnt happen, if there's pictures I want to see I either have to wait a decade and refresh a dozen times, or go to a computer.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What browser are you using? I'm using Chrome with my iPhone 7 and the site pages come up fine, with photos, all the time.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Z I've got the same issue loading pictures from my phone : ie it doesnt happen, if there's pictures I want to see I either have to wait a decade and refresh a dozen times, or go to a computer.

Yeah man, its a drag... this is my home but ever since the "upgrade" to the new platform, it feels like got evicted and currently living on a buddy's couch...

What browser are you using? I'm using Chrome with my iPhone 7 and the site pages come up fine, with photos, all the time.

I just use the safari icon on the iphone, it is all I have ever used. Didnt even know other people with iphones used anything else... lol

I use Safari

Ditto.

What platform is C5 using?

Not sure but probably whatever platform we used to use before. Cam5 and SVTP used to look identical when browsed through my iphone...

Zemedici

Established Member
ZYBORG said:
I just use the safari icon on the iphone, it is all I have ever used. Didnt even know other people with iphones used anything else... lol

This....hahahaha

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Not to jump on the bitching bandwagon but yeah super slow in Chrome on my (albeit ancient) Note 4 in comparison to the old site. Loads for ever and if I click anywhere before it's done it goes to lethal even if I am no where near the banner. All good but loses some of it function if I can finish dropping my morning douche (not the band) before it loads, might have to start buying a newspaper...

MastaAce03

Established Member
I started using Tapatalk a few weeks ago to browse forums and it's incredibly fast. The layout is different so you'll have to figure it out but it's the only way I use the forum now. Give it a shot

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I started using Tapatalk a few weeks ago to browse forums and it's incredibly fast. The layout is different so you'll have to figure it out but it's the only way I use the forum now. Give it a shot

I havent used tapatalk but from what I know, it resembles mobil view, which is a very narrow view, opposite from the panoramic style view that I want....

Could you post a screen shot of what tapa looks like on your phone?

MastaAce03

Established Member
I havent used tapatalk but from what I know, it resembles mobil view, which is a very narrow view, opposite from the panoramic style view that I want....

Could you post a screen shot of what tapa looks like on your phone?
Screenshot_20161228-120355.png

It's just layed out differently.

Users who are viewing this thread