Fuel Wheels. Any Suggestions For Corrosion Protection?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I had my new wheels (GV-70) ceramic coated. I had the black wheels on my old G-70 ceramic coated as well. The wheels did exceptionally well through 2 1/2 years. No issues with brake dust. BUT, no winter driving. I wonder out loud if ceramic coating is the best way to go as far as protection from brake dust and winter driving. I will be driving my ceramic coated GV-70 wheels this winter, so it will be interesting to see how well the ceramic protects.

I recommend you ask Scott about what is the best protection.

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
Yes, coat them. It will give you the best performance for both dusting and winter driving. They will stay cleaner longer and clean up much easier/faster.

Your choice on wheel coating, I've had great results with both 22ple VM1 and CarPro Dlux.

CobraSam

Established Member
This is good to know. I just put some Fuel Boost on my f-250 as well.
I will say this. I’ve had a set of Fuel Revolvers on my 04 4Runner for about 7-8 yrs now. It’s my woods/dog/beach/winter weather vehicle. I think I’ve washed them 3-4 times in the last 5 years and they still look great! They’ve held up exceptionally well and when I finally did clean them the other day, I was very impressed with the condition they stayed in. I couldn’t believe it. And I live in Mass.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes, coat them. It will give you the best performance for both dusting and winter driving. They will stay cleaner longer and clean up much easier/faster.

Your choice on wheel coating, I've had great results with both 22ple VM1 and CarPro Dlux.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread