fuel/water funnel?

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
until i move back to houston, i'm currently filling my Cobra with E85 that i've got stored in a sealed 55gal drum. i don't want to run into ANY issues from water collection, so where can i get one of those funnels that separate water from fuel?

slowr w/o blowr

Established Member
I think you are going to have issues regardless. Your fuel tank in the car is not sealed from the environment and it will breath. If it breathes, it will draw moisture.

On the other hand, If the sealed 55 gallon drum of e-85 is sealed, why are you concerned with a funnel that seperates water from fuel?

Your question is not coming across very clearly to me. Maybe its just me though.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
i've always been told that any stored fuel should be put through the funnel to remove any moisture, i woulda thought the sealed tank wouldn't allow your fuel to accumulate moisture but the place i used to buy my racegas from would always run it through the funnel before transferring it into my jug
if it's not any different than it sitting in my tank then i won't worry about it. i only have a little longer living in a place that doesn't have it at the pump anyway...

Users who are viewing this thread