Fuel upgrade questions

NiceCobra

Established Member
My car is at my tuners and I just found out my stock pumps are on there way out.
03 cobra tvs
I currently have the vmp bap but am looking into ditching the bap and running
2 aem 320 pumps in the stock hat
Also getting the pprv delete kit

Now my questions are is the modified fpdm needed? I believe my tuner said the stock one should be fine but I need to double check.
Then what else would all be needed? Just wire uprgrade from the fpdm to the pumps?

xxjaymanzxx

Established Member
Should be fine with those pumps upgrading the other stuff is up to you personally I would do a fore hat and upgraded feed line too

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Tell you tuner to school himself so he doesn't do damage, those pumps draw more current in tandom than the stockers and require at least a single modded fpdm.. The risk of melting the factory one is a concern.

NiceCobra

Established Member
Na he definitely knows his shit.
Like I said I thought that's what he said but I'm most likely wrong. I'm going to order a modified one regardless

TRBO VNM

Replied to your pm. I honestly don't know if the pumps will fit properly in the stock hat. I don't deal with the stock hat anymore. I have seen too many issues with it when modifying or using the PPRV delete. I would recommend doing it right and using a Fore hat with the pumps and it has a built in pprv delete, no hose at all in the tank. And it will connect to stock line and come with the proper size wire for the pumps so you can run it up to the FPDM instead of using the smaller stock wiring.

Users who are viewing this thread