Fuel transfer setups

SlowYellow

Established Member
I'm looking at making/buying a transfer setup. I'd like to use an automatic nozzle, like at the gas station and I'm having a tough time finding a pump setup that is rated for greater than 15% ethanol. I'm running Ignite Red 114 which is E90, so I need something that is rated for essentially pure ethanol. Trying to think outside of the box, I went to northern tool and saw a fertilizer/insecticide pump that is made of plastic and said it's extremely chemical resistant, just not sure if it'd be ok with my fuel. I have no issues building a setup, I'd actually prefer it. And I feel fuel lines and a nozzle aren't going to be the biggest hurdle, I think the pump will be. If anyone has any experience or a setup that has proven to work, I'd greatly appreciate it. Also, most pumps out there are 12V, I'd prefer a 115V setup but if I have to go 12V, I won't cry about it.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Are you trying to find something that will run off 115vac? Or can you use an old fuel pump?

SlowYellow

Established Member
I'd like to run on 115vac. I've been looking at bigger transfer pumps. I ran across this one yesterday and just did the research on the internals and pump construction materials. Looks like everything is very compatible with ethanol.

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200578545_200578545

I'd just have to get a couple fuel lines, adapters, and a nozzle and I'd be in business. I've got an old battery on a tender that I can run it off of.

Users who are viewing this thread