Fuel tank vent ideas.......come on in!

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I'm finishing up the last couple to-do items on my project car and need some ideas/opinions. I have a BBRC custom tank with internal Magnafuel 750 and a topside -6 vent port that needs to be routed somewhere.

I know the common setup is to just loop the ptfe line through a rollover valve and then mount up high with a breather, however last time I did that the garage still stunk like e85.

So I'm looking for ideas in case someone has found something that vents well while keeping fumes to a minimum. After using my PhD in Google I found a guy on a other forum recommending this vent:

https://www.iimuch.com/collections/fuel-differential-vents/products/fuelvent20

I'm thinking a -6 ptfe line coming from a rollover valve on top of tank, looped, then plugged into this vent that is mounted on floor of trunk. Supposedly it's made with e85 in mind and has been tested to 1400 hp with no pressure difference in tank. It allows the fuel vapor to condense and fall back into tank similar to a pcv catch can.

Anyone have experience with this vent good or bad? Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Store_Vents_large_94854ddd-eb8e-4cd3-9b8b-0f3346ecf296_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Actually I think I'm going to go with their other vent so I can mount it up higher in the trunk to ensure it's above the filler neck. Their other model has two -6 orb ports so you can remote mount the filter out side the trunk via a bulkhead fitting. I just don't want the vent mounted lower than the filler neck to ensure no spilling at the gas pumps.

IIMuch-Fuel-Vent-Bracket_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread