Fuel system woes... Still dropping rail pressure w/new pumps

04torchred

Established Member
For the very reason you mentioned I literally unplug my primary pump in the garage with a battery charger on the car and use an air compressor to apply pressure to my hobbs switch to ensure you hear the second pump kick in at the correct boost reference pressure. Then verify the same on pump 3(triple hat for myself). Hook everything up and go.

Make sure you test the regulator and can get the pressure down low on the pump range and up high at the top end when setting your pressure. If you can't achieve the fuel pump pressure range you have a pump issue before you go make a pull.

Fuels important!

I didn't use the controller I just have 3 separate relays.

04GTMustang

Established Member
For the very reason you mentioned I literally unplug my primary pump in the garage with a battery charger on the car and use an air compressor to apply pressure to my hobbs switch to ensure you hear the second pump kick in at the correct boost reference pressure. Then verify the same on pump 3(triple hat for myself). Hook everything up and go.

Make sure you test the regulator and can get the pressure down low on the pump range and up high at the top end when setting your pressure. If you can't achieve the fuel pump pressure range you have a pump issue before you go make a pull.

Fuels important!

I didn't use the controller I just have 3 separate relays.

I did that trick to make sure the switch was working, and success. Everything is rewired and seems to be functioning as expected.

Inertia switch works again.

I reinstalled the FPDM and soldered a wire into the BK/PN (black w/ purple stripe) wire and I use that as my trigger wire. Is that how you guys run it?

My pumps still run full time key on engine off, even tho this is wired as OEM per Justin at Fore. However, I haven't had my tuner mess with anything yet.

Saw a 1psi bump in base pressure with second pump on. Haven't driven it hard yet, plan on going and datalogging soon before retune.

Also, has anyone notice with your controller wired this way that when you shut the car off, the pumps run for another second or two before shutting off?

Users who are viewing this thread