Fuel system - Vortech 3.3L

orange04

Established Member
I need some help guys, I currently have a 2004 Terminator with a 2.2l KB on it. I want to make more power so next step is to install a larger blower. Im looking at buying the Vortech 3.3L. I like the looks of it and it should make as much power as I want. Im looking running 22-25lbs of boost. Right now I have a BAP with the wiring upgrade and stock cobra pumps. What is the best fuel system to go with. I dont want to go to with a return style setup. So far I have come up with stage 2 FPDM, Fore Hat for dual GT pumps, -8 line to dual -6 to feed aftermarket fuel rails and run my 40 amp bap for voltage regulation and a just in case factor. Is this a good solid setup? I also looked into removing the BAP and running the GT pumps and lines and performing the dual FPDM wiring upgrade but then would have to buy a dual BAP if needed. Do you guys think one set up is better than the other? I figured I'd run the single stage 2 FPDM since I already have a BAP. Any opinions welcome. Thanks in advance.

GodStang

Established Member
Go return go return go return. I have built 2 systems spent thousands and now I have to go return to clean it up. Also Vortech last I heard has yet to release a blower for us. Also the whipple 3.4L is a much much much better blower.

What injectors you going to run? I would run -8an all the way to Fore Rails. Also if you want real power look at E85.

orange04

Established Member
Well I guess I'm going to do a return setup. Ive been doing some research about it and the conversion seems relatively easy. Just need to find a wiring diagram of how you guys wire these things up with relays and trigger wires for the pump to come on. Anyone have any instructions???

Users who are viewing this thread