Fuel System Upgrade Guidance.. Fore?

KevinsVertTerminator

Established Member
Guys,
Went to tune and original stock pump was not keeping up. Going to upgrade now rather than just replace. I need advise!

I have Steig Stage 4 Eaton, 2.76 upper and 4Lb lower, hopefully changing over to ID1050 (have AUS1000 and trying to return), 2600 BAP, etc... I went from stock to this setup and have yet to drive it as my tune got interrupted.

Shooting for 500ish at the wheels on current setup and I assume I will eventually go aftermarket blower. I only have good access to 91, some access to E54, and limited access to E85. Would like a tune for all 3. Super hot here and about 1300 ft. so not sure how bad that and 91 is going to affect my #'s.

I know nothing about fuel systems... here is the highlights of what I have read.

I should do a return system
Fore way better than budget LP system
upgrade fuel lines
go deadhead
rails can stay stock but better to upgrade

04Sleeper suggested this a few years ago. "Fore L1E w/ dual 465's, stainless filter, billet bracket, FC3 Controller, Hobbs Switch, 80's or better yet, ID1050's". still good advice?

Is this overkill for my goals?
Who on here is still a vendor?
A different company other than fore that I should consider? LP?
Fuel line routing suggestions, other lesson learned, etc..

It seems like so much and I feel overwhelmed by this new "problem". THX GUYS!

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Is the controller the one they make with the built in relays? If so I'd probably skip that as you can do the same thing with a couple of relays for cheaper.

I don't run a hobbs switch on my set up wth twin 450's. I think that one is a matter of preference. Otherwise I'd say it all looks good. You should be set for any future plans.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
If you're addressing the fuel system now, plan to make it capable of whatever you want to throw at it in the future. It's counter intuitive to have to do this twice.
That said, yes that is a good setup.
Lethal makes a good complete kit also (that's what I have)

KevinsVertTerminator

Established Member
Is the controller the one they make with the built in relays? If so I'd probably skip that as you can do the same thing with a couple of relays for cheaper.

I don't run a hobbs switch on my set up wth twin 450's. I think that one is a matter of preference. Otherwise I'd say it all looks good. You should be set for any future plans.

Yes I think the controller is just the relay (as I am learning). I am also not sure what the HOBBs is either.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Yes I think the controller is just the relay (as I am learning). I am also not sure what the HOBBs is either.
If you can run wires you can run relays instead of that controller.

The Hobbs switch allows you to stage the pumps. At part throttle only one pump will be running. Once the Hobbs switch senses a certain amount of boost it'll activate the second pump. It's supppsed to help keep the fuel cooler and save wear and tear on the pump.

TurboGA

Established Member
Many years ago I used to run Fore rails, 60 lb injectors, dual 255 pumps with a 6 an feed thru a aeromotive fuel filter on 93 Octane. Returnless system. no problems with setup. Had my 2.3 Whipple with 3.0 pulley, stock lower on stock block and T56. car ran high 10's at 132 mph.

KevinsVertTerminator

Established Member
Many years ago I used to run Fore rails, 60 lb injectors, dual 255 pumps with a 6 an feed thru a aeromotive fuel filter on 93 Octane. Returnless system. no problems with setup. Had my 2.3 Whipple with 3.0 pulley, stock lower on stock block and T56. car ran high 10's at 132 mph.

I cant imagine I would not be happy at than... who knows I may get the bug but that seems fast enough to me. Based on that it seems some of my mods are already overkill. I assume the 255 pumps are not E85 friendly?

Thx for the input.
Kevin

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I think the newer 255's are E85 friendly. But I wouldn't run them in a returnless set up. Some people have good luck, others don't.

JMO, if I'm going to run new line I'd say least go -8.

KevinsVertTerminator

Established Member
Copy. I am just asking and trying to learn.

No one has commented on Lethals system or any other ones. Is Fore the way to go or can i save money and have good quality elsewhere?

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
I recently installed Lethals Return system. Very nice kit that went together very well. Pices and parts are nice quality. Happy with it so far.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I have the original supercar oem pumps in a fore hat, returnless setup. Those pumps part # is F10000128. They were not E85 rated....but none the less, they've been running E85 since 2009. The car makes 714/680 on ethanol and sits weeks at a time. No issues at all, runs flawless for 11 years now.

The "improved" supercar pump is what is available today, it's part # is F10000302. They are E85 rated. Recommended use returnless only.

KevinsVertTerminator

Established Member
You won’t regret that purchase. Really nice system.
Thx. Everything i read said so.
Now Literally nothing holding me back from an upgrade. Just swap the blower, tune and drive. Ill enjoy my new to me upgrade for a bit but i am looking out for a deal on a upgrade. I estimate i won't make it a year.

gtmustang00

Established Member
Thx. Everything i read said so.
Now Literally nothing holding me back from an upgrade. Just swap the blower, tune and drive. Ill enjoy my new to me upgrade for a bit but i am looking out for a deal on a upgrade. I estimate i won't make it a year.

Which exact Fore kit did you get? Do you have to make the length of the lines or is it all pre determined?

Users who are viewing this thread