Fuel System Maxed Out?

kpinco

Established Member
Can somebody help me with this? I know with the Predator, you can datalog and find out if your pumps are maxed out. I believe you can do this with your injectors too? What do I need to datalog and how do I know if I am in trouble?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I can't help you out with the Predator (I'm sure someone will pipe in real soon who can) but you're close the point where your pumps are maxxed out. But you probably already know that. I maxxed mine out at 495rwhp.

kpinco

Established Member
CobraBob said:
I can't help you out with the Predator (I'm sure someone will pipe in real soon who can) but you're close the point where your pumps are maxxed out. But you probably already know that. I maxxed mine out at 495rwhp.

Thanks for the info. I guess if the only advantage at this altitude (Denver) is we can push the pumps harder.........

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Now there's a positive way to look at those mile high altitudes. LOL!

RJCobra

Established Member
kpinco said:
Can somebody help me with this? I know with the Predator, you can datalog and find out if your pumps are maxed out. I believe you can do this with your injectors too? What do I need to datalog and how do I know if I am in trouble?
Datalog the FPDC (fuel pump duty cycle). If it hits 0.5, it's maxed out.

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I didn't see a MAF in your mod list... or an extender...
I believe you are very close with that horsepower to PEGGING the Mass air flow sensor...
Which has a profound effect on fuel delivery(BAD...IT LEANS OUT!!!)
I would data log that also...

Jimmy

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Jimmysidecarr said:
I didn't see a MAF in your mod list... or an extender...
I believe you are very close with that horsepower to PEGGING the Mass air flow sensor...
Which has a profound effect on fuel delivery(BAD...IT LEANS OUT!!!)
I would data log that also...

Jimmy
Good point Jimmy. Mine pegged at around 485rwhp. Well below '500'.

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
I have the autotap ford enhanced program and I'm trying to see if my MAF is pegging, which one do I read and for fuel pump duty cycle it never changes from 1%. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Willie

Established Member
Do you have a fuel pressure gauge? If so, as long as pressure is sustained or rises under WOT, you're okay. Decreasing pressure is a guaranteed sign that the fuel pump cannot supply the demand.

For the injectors, look at injector duty cycle. I might be wrong here but I don't think any Ford scanner has an injector duty cycle display except maybe Auto Xray. Duty cycle must be calculated. Please correct if my info is wrong!! You don't want duty cycle above 90 percent.

Last edited:

kpinco

Established Member
sckcobra said:
sam bandit has a shop where you are so i think that he would be able to answer some questions for u

Thanks! I've been to his shop several times. I'll give him a call and I'm sure he'll be able to help me out!

Cheers!

:beer:

kpinco

Established Member
Willie said:
Do you have a fuel pressure gauge? If so, as long as pressure is sustained or rises under WOT, you're okay. Decreasing pressure is a guaranteed sign that the fuel pump cannot supply the demand.

For the injectors, look at injector duty cycle. I might be wrong here but I don't think any Ford scanner has an injector duty cycle display except maybe Auto Xray. Duty cycle must be calculated. Please correct if my info is wrong!! You don't want duty cycle above 90 percent.

Thanks! Unfortunately, I don't have a fuel guage. I'll look into this.....

I need to update my mods as things have changed....... :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread