Fuel system install, no start

Gruca

Established Member
I installed my fuel system from Rodeheaver’s and got all the lines tightened up. I had some issues with the pressure slowly going down, but I think I’ve corrected that. I have the pressure set to 60psi. When I try to crank the crank car over I can hear the starter trying but nothing happens. It just keeps trying for a few seconds and it never starts.

Along with the fuel system, I also installed VMP fuel rails. I put the injectors in the same spot they came out of. I had to remove the adapters at the top of the injectors (ID1050x injectors) to get the rails to fit.

The fuel pumps are creating pressure, the plugs in the trunk are all plugged in (there are two boxes now because I’m using two GT350 pumps). All of the injectors are plugged in to the harness. I can’t think of what else could cause it not to start. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Gruca

Established Member
Let my stupidity be a lesson to others. When adding a ‘add a fuse’ make sure you plug in the fuse you took out in to said add a fuse, especially when that fuse is for the ignition coils.

MG0h3

Established Member
Lol. Good catch. When a problem shows up after a mod it’s pretty much guaranteed something you effd up.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

tparenti

Established Member
Lol. Good catch. When a problem shows up after a mod it’s pretty much guaranteed something you effd up.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
That may be true but it is usually not this simple! they got lucky this time hah

Users who are viewing this thread